Chapter 30: Meeting the Pick-Up Line Source

(Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I woke up, it was Sunday. I walked downstairs and saw Remus. I hugged him and he didn't hug back. He didn't even look at me. Sirius walked in and gave Remus a strange look. It's probably nothing.

_____

It was the first day of classes for the year and we were in Potions. Sirius once again wasn't here, it's official, Slughorn is never going to have him as a student. He was telling Lily that she should've been in Slytherin again. She of course gave him a cheeky reply back. Classic Lily. I tried saying something to Remus but he ignored me. James gave him a puzzled look and shrugged.

"Mate," I heard James whispering, "Y/n is trying to talk to you."

"I don't care, James."

I started tearing up. Lily heard it too and glared at Remus.

____

Later on in the day I sat next to Remus in the Great Hall. He immediately stood up and left to the Common Room shortly after. I saw Peter roll his eyes at Remus as he dragged him with him. Sirius looked annoyed as he watched them leave. Marlene wasn't with him because she got hurt earlier and was in the Hospital Wing.

"Sirius what's up with him?"

"It's just his time of month."

"Sirius, really. He's been acting distant lately, I could barely focus during Quidditch."

"All I'm going to tell you is that he's being a prick and you have no fault in what's going on. What's going on with him is something he has to tell you although I'm pretty sure you have an idea of what's going on with him."

"Yeah I have a good idea of what's going on."

________________

It's November now. Remus has been distant for the last few months. I've been worried for a while. I walked into the Common Room and he was all alone. I saw him look up from his book and stood up to leave when he saw me.

"Remus John Lupin, you better stop right there."

He sighed and turned around. His eyes looked empty, I felt my heart drop. It's been a while since I've gotten a good look at him.

"What do you want," he sighed, "I don't have all day."

"What do you mean 'what do you want?' You've been distant for months! Even Sirius has said stuff about it! Remus, you can talk to me about anything. Just tell me what's wrong."

"I'm sorry."

"That's all you have to say? Remus you've barely talked to me in months."

"Y/n I love your smile, your hair, your eyes, everything about you. I love you, that's why I've been distancing myself and I'm so sorry."

"Your compliments aren't going to change anything. And scared of what, Remus? You're not thinking that you being a werewolf will ruin our future, are you?"

"There are more reasons."

"Remus you can tell me."

He sighed. "Apart from me thinking that if we have a kid I'm going to pass the werewolf stuff to an innocent child, there's also the fact that I might lose you, and you might lose me. This war might be the end of us, some of our friends might even die."

"Remus listen. Even if one of us does die, wouldn't it be better for us to spend as much time with each other as possible. I don't know about you, but I'm here for a good time, not a long time, and I want a good time with you."