Chapter 33: Quidditch & Lockhart

(Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

Y/n and I headed to McGonagall's classroom to serve our detention.

"So Professor McGonagall," I began, "what's our punishment?"

"I just need you two to write down why you were sitting on one of the towers and for you specifically Mister Lupin, why you had a Spider-Man suit on."

Y/n started blushing and McGonagall took note of this.

"Is there any specific amount of writing you need?" Y/n asked.

"No dear," McGonagall replied, "because after you finish there's something I need to speak to you both about."

I nodded and started writing.

I finished at around the same time as Y/n.

"Professor," I began, "what do you want to talk to us about."

She cleared her throat, "as you know there have been many disappearances, most of them being muggleborns. Y/n I know for a fact that you're a muggleborn. I guess what I'm trying to tell you both is be careful, these are dark times. I know Dumbledore is trying to create a group to fight against this so-called Dark Lord and I know he's going to recruit you both, but be careful. I'll probably say the same thing to Lily and James. Don't speak about what I told you to anyone."

Y/n and I both nodded.

"Anything else?" Y/n asked.

"Try not to sit on the towers anymore, you may go now."

I couldn't help but smile at what she just said as Y/n and I left. When we turned a corner we saw Lily and James snogging on a bench. Surprisingly, Y/n didn't say anything to them. I still had my web shooters on so they ended up being stuck to each other.

"Remus," Y/n smirked, "that was a very me thing to do."

I smiled, "I know it was."

"This is a tad bit random," Y/n began, "but Sirius told me that you were Welsh, are you actually?"

I blushed, "yes actually, I'm half Welsh."

"Do you know any?"

"Yes, in our first year that 'foreign language' you'd hear me speaking was me swearing in Welsh."

She started laughing.

"Of course you did Lupin. So you're a half Welsh, bisexual werewolf."

I snickered, "yup."

"Merlin, I just remembered I have a Quidditch match Saturday!"

"Who are you playing against?"

"Ravenclaw. That bloke Lockhart better not try flirting with me or anything, the other day he tried asking me out and when I told him I was dating you guess what he said?"

"What did he say?"

"He said 'that could easily be changed. I bet I can do more than that Lupin boy can do for you.'"

"What'd you say?"

"I told him to piss off. I also told him that you're more clever and kind than he is."

"I mean maybe he's right, maybe he's better for you than I am."

"Remus John Lupin you better shut the fuck up. Lockhart can't even compare to you."

"I don't know, darling."

"Rem, you're so much better than Lockhart. You're kinder, more clever, and more attractive than him."