Chapter 31: Valentine's Day, 1978

(Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

Valentine's Day landed on a Tuesday this year. For 7th years, many of the professors decided to not give homework. We're actually being allowed to go to Hogsmeade today. It's mostly because of the war. I'm glad they did it because I still feel bad about distancing myself from Y/n a few months ago. It was really messed up and I shouldn't have done it, she's the love of my life and deserves the world, and I treated her terribly. I'd even give up chocolate for her. Actually no, I'm going in a bit over my head there, not even she would give up chocolate for me.

Another reason I'm excited is because James is finally going to ask out Lily. She told Y/n and I that she liked him in December, we tried telling Sirius and Marlene so that they could help get them together but they didn't believe us. Let's just say if Lily says yes, which will most likely happen, Y/n and I will each both have 30 more Galleons. They'd be a really good couple so I hope she says yes.

*one week earlier*

~~~~~•James POV•~~~~~

"I'm asking Lily out next week on Valentine's Day," I began, "I think I might actually have a shot with her now."

Remus and Y/n smiled at each other and then at me while Peter and Sirius looked at each other with a concerned expression. Then Sirius broke out laughing. Peter forced a laugh to play along and Y/n and Remus looked at each other confused.

"Padfoot and Wormtail," Remus began, "why the bloody hell are you two laughing?"

Sirius stopped smiling and went silent before going "oh you're being serious James?"

I nodded.

"Oh... well then good luck."

Peter nodded and said "no offense James but Sirius and I think you have no chance."

Sirius punched Peter in the arm and rolled his eyes.

_____

I saw Snape alone on the Marauders Map so I went to where he was.

"I heard that some Ravenclaw is going to ask out Lily tomorrow."

I replied saying, "it'd be a shame if something were to happen to him...."

"I'm already on it, Potter. I also heard that you're going to ask out Lily on Valentine's Day."

I crossed my fingers and said "it's not true, I promise."

He nodded and I made my way back to the Gryffindor Common Room. I feel bad for lying to him since we've been stopping others from asking Lily out since 5th year so the competition is just the both of us, but I don't need him taking me out too.

*once again, one week later*

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

Remus, Sirius, Peter, Marlene, and I ditched Lily and James at Zonko's to see what they'd do. We went to Honeydukes and there Remus bought me a lot of chocolate. I had his gift back at Hogwarts. We saw James and Lily pass by Honeydukes so we left the store and followed them. They went inside The Three Broomsticks and we watched from outside. We watched as they sat down and ordered butterbeers. Snape and Regulus passed by and noticed they were alone together at The Three Broomsticks so they also watched them from outside.

~~~~~•Lily POV•~~~~~

As I drank my butterbeer James began getting noticeably nervous. What could he possibly be nervous about? He's James Potter, Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and a Marauder.

I decided to say something about it. "James," I began, "you seem very nervous, are you alright?"

"Yeah Lily of course, and I'm not nervous, don't worry about me."

Mhmm.

"Anyways Lily, are you interested in anybody?"

You of course, "errr yeah."

I could feel my cheeks getting hot.

He smirked, "and who might that lucky man be?"

"You, James." I said without thinking and immediately covered my mouth.

His eyes grew wide and he blushed a little.

"Y-you like me?" He was clearly flustered.

"Yes James, I didn't want to admit it because I know you don't like me back, but I like you a lot. I've been hiding it for months now. If you don't want to be friends with me because of this it's fine I guess, I really am sorry."

I covered my face with my hands because I was very embarrassed.

~~~~~•James POV•~~~~~

She likes me. Merlin's bloody balls this has to be the best day ever.

"Lily," I smiled, "look at me."

She took her hands off her face, which was as red as her hair, "I'm so embarrassed James."

"There's no need to be embarrassed Lily, I wouldn't end our friendship just because of that. Besides, I like you too. Lily, will you be my girlfriend?"

Her eyes lit up and she smiled.

"Hell yes, I mean yeah sure I guess."

We both started giggling. I grabbed her hands and she leaned towards me. She stopped moving until our faces were just a few inches apart. Her eyes darted to mine and then to my lips and back. I couldn't take it anymore. Here goes nothing. I closed the distance between us and kissed her. She immediately kissed back.

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

We watched as James and Lily snogged. Snape saw and couldn't watch anymore he ran away with Regulus following behind him.

"Sirius, Marlene," I smirked, "I think you owe Remus and I something."

They sighed and gave us 30 Galleons.

"See Sirius," Peter began, "I told you they'd get together."

"Peter," Sirius replied, "you literally agreed with me and told James that he had no chance."

He just shrugged.

We stood up and walked into The Three Broomsticks. James and Lily were just talking now.

I slid next to Lily and went, "that's right, get some Lily."

"Y/n," Remus began, "why are you like this?"

"Because I am."

"Get a room, you two."

"Shut up Peter," I replied.

"Make me."

"Jesus Christ Peter," Sirius smirked, "it's Remus's job to make Y/n shut up, vice-versa."

"Shut up Sirius."

"Make me."

"That's my job, not Y/n's."

"Okay Marlene, then you make me."

"Gladly."

"You do realize that McGonagall is over there, right."

"It's fine Peter, we don't care."

"I hate you all."

"Except me of course, right Lily?"

"Yes James, as much as I hate to admit it."

"Oh yeahhhhh."

"Peter, why don't you tell them two to get a room instead?"

"I was Remus, but you ruined it."

"Whoops."

"God Remus can't you do anything right?"

"Shut up Y/n."

"Make me."

"Gladly."

"SIRIUS COVER PETER'S INNOCENT EYES QUICK!"

"Nevermind, I hate you too."