Chapter 40: The End of an Era

(Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

"You're telling me you've had the Marauders Map the whole bloody time?!"

Y/n and I looked at each other nervously and looked down.

"Hello," Sirius continued, "I asked you a bloody question."

"Yes," I began, "I've had the map this whole time, hidden."

"How?"

"Remember that day I was flirting with you?"

"Bloody hell. Yeah I don't need more explaining."

"Wait," Marlene began, "what do you mean by flirting?"

"Marlene," Sirius replied, "just don't worry about it."

Everyone started looking at both me and Sirius. I felt so embarrassed. I could feel my face heating up as Y/n was trying to suppress laughter. She noticed how red I was getting and rubbed my back. I looked at her and gave her a small smile.

"Where is it," James began, "the map, where'd you hide it?"

"I'll get it for you."

I went upstairs and saw chocolate wrappers all over the floor. Those fuckers ate my chocolate! I thought the stash was safe. Bloody hell. I opened a drawer and got the map. I opened the drawer right below and saw a few chocolate bars left. I came into the Common Room holding the map and pointed at James, Sirius, and Peter.

"You bloody wankers ate my chocolate!"

"Oh shit," Sirius said frantically, "James, Peter, what have we done?!"

"This is betrayal, you will pay. Oh and here's the map."

James took the map and went "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" in order to make sure it was actually the map. He was satisfied because it was in fact, the map. "Mischief managed." He put the map in his pocket and glared at me.

"So," Sirius began, "what are we going to do with the map?"

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"Well," Sirius went, "one of us can't just keep the map."

"I know what we'll do with it," James began, "there's only two days left of classes before graduation. Tonight, we'll give it to Filch and say we think it has dark magic. We're obviously not going to show him what it does. Since it's us giving it to him, it's probably going to be put in a drawer. The next Hogwarts pranksters that are our level will find it and figure out how to use it."

Everyone agreed with James's proposal.

"Alright then," James stood up, "let's go."

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I watched as the Marauders left with the map. I'm never going to see that map again.

___________

*Graduation day*

We were eating our last breakfast at Hogwarts when Professor McGonagall walked into the Great Hall and approached us.

"L/n, Lupin, Evans, Potter, Black, McKinnon, Pettigrew, Fortescue, Longbottom, Macdonald, and Meadowes, come with me."

"Oh James," Lily sighed, "what'd you do now?"

"Me? How about Sirius?"

"Prongs I didn't do anything. Moony was probably caught shagging Y/n and blamed us somehow!"