Chapter 17: Explanation

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! I thought today would be an appropriate day to update. (Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

Class was almost over so I decided to write the note to Y/n. It was difficult to think of what I was going to say to her. I was already nervous. At last, I finally came up with the perfect thing to write.

Dear Y/n,

I'm sorry for saying this with such short notice, but something has happened and I cannot wait. I'm changing the day of our meeting to this Friday, same place and time. I hope I'll see you and that you'll give me a chance to say what I need to say. See you Friday.

~anonymous

I sent the letter without anyone noticing. Class ended right after she received it. This Friday, I will have a chance to fix all of this and make it right. This Friday, we'll be the way we used to before this whole mess.

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

When I reached the Common Room I opened up the note and showed it to Lily.

"There's only one thing I don't get," she snickered, "who would want to see you in their spare time?"

I glared at her and she continued to laugh. Just then, Dorcas walked into the Common Room.

"Hey Y/n, Lily," she waved, "so what are you guys laughing about?"

"Oh nothing much," I replied, "so what have you been up to?"

"Stalking people," she answered honestly, "mostly Snape so I could blackmail him, sorry I haven't been around much."

"It's fine."

I couldn't stop thinking about who it must be writing to me. Who would even want to explain anything to me? Maybe Severus, but why? Maybe it's Remus, whoever it is, I'll just listen to them because I don't want them bothering me anymore.

______________

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

It was Friday. In a few minutes, I have to meet Y/n in the Astronomy Tower. I picked up a vial of some Felix Felicius potion someone gave me. I stuffed it in my pocket just as Sirius came into my dorm.

"What did you just stuff into your pocket?"

"Nothing Sirius, don't worry."

"Is it drugs?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "No Sirius, it's not drugs."

I felt tense, and it must've been obvious since Sirius sat me down and hugged me.

"Hey Moony," he patted my back and kissed my cheek, which I immediately slapped him for, making him laugh "so that hurt, but don't worry, I'm sure it'll go fine Moony, you're so amazing, if I were gay I'd date you."

I let out a snort. "Thanks Padfoot."

________

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I ran to the Astronomy Tower. I was finally going to find out who it was. When I arrived, Remus was there waiting and smiling.

"Oh," I scoffed, "it's you, what do you want? Make it fast."

"Well," Remus sighed, "I was the one who invited you here, I think I owe you an explanation, it's long overdue. You've been an amazing figure throughout my life and you don't deserve to be left in the dark like that."

"Well," I snapped, "you didn't think I was amazing when you ran out on me, Lupin."

His expression quickly changed to a hurt one.

"I had a reason for that you know," he sighed, "the reason I ran out on you, the reason you found my tattered clothes, the reason why a werewolf appeared out of nowhere is because it was a full moon that night. Y/n, I-I-I'm... I'm a werewolf, a bloody raging monster!"

I felt my heart drop. All this time I refused to talk to him, just because I thought he didn't care. I was so selfish and bitchy all this time. I had even called his transformed self a monster because I thought the werewolf killed Remus. It wasn't because he didn't care, it was because he cared so much. What if I was the only one who didn't know? Tears began forming in my eyes. I needed some time alone to process all of this. Not the werewolf thing, but the fact that I put him through an unnecessary amount of pain because of my own selfishness and insecurity.

"Remus," I whispered while looking into his teary eyes and grabbing his hands, "I'm sorry. I just need to process this."

I ran. It probably wasn't the best thing to do, but I needed some time to cope by myself, I'm a horrible person. I ran past Peter, James, and Sirius, I felt them look at me as I kept running to my dorm. When I arrived, I flopped on my bed and began to stare at the ceiling.

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~

We ran to the Astronomy Tower, it clearly hadn't gone well. When we arrived we saw him drinking from a vial of what appeared to be Felix Felicius. It clearly wasn't, however, since he fainted immediately, almost falling off the Astronomy Tower. James had stopped him by grabbing his arm and pulling him up.

We ran him to the Hospital Wing, there were still traces of the potion in the vial. It turned out to be water with yellow food coloring and some kind of chemical to knock people out. Madame Pomfrey has no idea when he'd wake, or if he'd even wake. We walked back to the Common Room silent.

Y/n came downstairs with a painting.

"Hey," she inquired, "where's Remus? I wanted to talk to him about getting back together, I only ran out on him because I felt like I was a terrible person and needed some time to process everything. I also wanted to give him this painting based on a picture I took when we were hanging out together in London once. He said he loved how the stores lined up and always encouraged me to create things."

We were silent and looking down.

"Y/n," James's voice quivered, "Remus is unconscious in the Hospital Wing. Madame Pomfrey has no idea when, or if he even will wake up."

She dropped the painting on the floor as she collapsed, crying. "It's my fault," she sobbed harder, "it's all my fault!"

Lily, Marlene, and Dorcas came into the Common Room and saw the scene. I told them and they gasped, looking sadly at Y/n then back at us.

Y/n then stood up and ran to the Hospital Wing with the painting. She needed to see him. She needed to see him now. She wanted to find out how this happened and who she'd have to hunt down. Y/n would not give up on righting her wrongs.