Chapter 38: The Last Game

Please read the Author's Note at the end of the chapter.

(Edited)

~~~~~•Lily POV•~~~~~

Months have passed since Marlene told us all she was pregnant. Gryffindor's last Quidditch game for the year is this weekend. If we win this game, we win the cup. Of course James had been doing at least two Quidditch practices a week for the past two weeks. This week there's one every day, so Y/n, James, Sirius, Frank, and Alice are going to be very busy this week. There's still time to think of pranks to pull on Remus and Y/n though. James didn't want to do something that would get anyone in trouble because he needs all his Quidditch players, so we decided on a prank involving butterbeer.

Basically anything they drink or eat will turn to butterbeer, kind of like the Midas Touch but not really, the prank is harmless but it's enough to bother Remus and Y/n. We're planning on doing this today, they're going to be so pissed.

Quidditch practice was going on right now, Remus, Peter, Marlene and I were there to watch, well Remus was actually reading, although he'd occasionally look up to cheer Y/n on or compliment her. I waved my wand at him and cast the spell James made up that would make this whole butterbeer prank possible. Marlene noticed and smiled, but made a straight face when he looked up.

"Lily, did you just cast a spell on me?"

"Of course not."

"You better not have."

While they were practicing I saw James wave his wand at Y/n without her noticing. Sirius noticed and snickered because he knew exactly what was going on and what just happened.

_____

We were in the Great Hall for supper. We sat with our usual group and were joined by Frank, Alice, Dorcas, and Mary. Even Peter was there. When the food arrived it turned out to be chicken.

"Yes," Y/n smiled, "bloody hell I've been wanting chicken for a while."

She took a bite out of it and immediately spit out butterbeer.

"What the bloody hell is this, why did my chicken turn into butterbeer?!"

"Haha what a loser."

"Shut up Rem!"

Remus smirked and took a bite out of the mashed potatoes and also immediately spit out butterbeer.

"Merlin's bloody balls!"

"Haha and you called me a loser."

"Shut up Y/n the same thing happened to you!"

"Exactly."

"You're making me lose brain cells."

"Good."

They both then frantically chugged their pumpkin juice.

"What the fuck, Y/n does this taste like butterbeer to you?"

"Yes! I like butterbeer but I don't want it right now!"

They grunted and pushed their plates aside. Remus took out a chocolate bar and offered it to her, they both had some and rolled their eyes. Of course it turned into butterbeer.

Remus then looked at me angrily, "Lily?"

"Yes?"

"Did you cast a spell on me during Quidditch practice for this to happen?"

"I might've."

"You're so dead."

"No I'm not."