Chapter 28: January 1st

A/n: In the next chapter there's going to be a time skip to the beginning of their seventh year.

(Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of Y/n throwing up in the bathroom. I got up and walked there. She was bent over the toilet.

"Hey Y/n," I joked, "starting the new year off right I see?"

"Oh piss off Lupin," she scoffed, "and put a shirt on for once, as great as you look without one there's no need for you to have it off all the bloody time."

I laughed. "So uhh what's wrong with you Y/n?"

"I'm hungover, I already checked that I wasn't pregnant."

"Hey Y/n," I began, "I think my parents have a potion to cure hangovers, I'll give it to you and then I want to ask you a question."

"Thank you love."

I walked to the kitchen and saw my father cooking breakfast.

"Good morning dad," I began, "you know that hangover curing potion you have? Y/n is hungover and she needs it."

He gave me a vial, "give her the whole thing, she chugged 5 bottles of firewhiskey last night. She needs it."

"Thanks dad."

I walked back upstairs and handed her the potion. "Dad said to drink the whole thing since you chugged five bottles."

She drank it and stood up.

"Thanks Rem, but five bottles?! Why didn't you stop me?"

"Y/n," I giggled, "I tried but you didn't listen."

"Oh," she smirked, "that makes a lot of sense."

"I need to ask you something Y/n."

"Rem," she began, "before you do, can I ask you something first?"

"Go ahead."

"Was I doing anything weird last night?"

"Y/n," I chucked, "you were running around the house and jumping. You produced a Patronus. Then you asked me for a shag."

"Did we?"

"Did we shag? No, of course not. I didn't accept because I would've been taking advantage of you."

"Oh thanks Rem, now you can ask me."

I felt myself getting nervous.

"Y/n," I began, "how do you know about how Sirius and I once dated."

"Oh..." she swallowed hard, "I mentioned something about that, didn't I?"

"Yes you did."

"Remus I love you," she looked down, "promise not to get mad?"

I could feel myself getting more and more nervous.

"I promise."

"Okay so look," she began, "after we thought you died, Madame Pomfrey gave me your journal saying that I might want to take a look at it. You really need to put locking spells on that thing by the way. So of course I looked at it and found some entries from third year. A lot of them were about you and Sirius. I also had no idea you once liked Lily in second year. I just wish you told me you were bisexual."

"Y/n," I began, "it's okay, I'm not angry. I just want you to know that there's a reason why I didn't tell you. People generally aren't very accepting of that in my experience. I didn't know if you were also that way so I kept it to myself. I didn't know if I should tell you cause although I liked all those other people, I think I've always been a tad bit fond of you. I love you Y/n."