Chapter 7: Full Moon

(Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

I awoke the next morning. It was Sunday and there would be a full moon tonight. Last night I had an awkward moment with Y/n. Basically, this weekend is probably the worst I'll have for a while. It was early so I walked downstairs to the common room and saw Y/n asleep. I smiled, she looked so peaceful and calm while sleeping. So different from her usual self.

I sat on the couch and rested her head on my lap. I went ahead and pecked her on the forehead. Merlin if only she knew the way she made me feel.

I couldn't stop staring at her. Y/n is just so amazing. She continued to lay on my lap until she woke up and sat upright blushing, realizing she was on my lap.

I began to turn red too, "oh my god Y/n I'm sorry I wanted to sit and my lap is comfortable I guess- I honestly don't know."

She giggled, "Remus it's fine, besides your lap is a great place to be... along with a few other places if you see where I'm going with this."

I had to think about that one. I got it after a few seconds and turned red, "DEAR GOD Y/N WHY?!"

She started laughing, as did I.

"Y/n I honestly love you, AS A FRIEND OF COURSE, NOTHING MORE!"

"Yeah," she trailed off, "nothing more...."

She seemed sad all of a sudden.

"Y/n are you okay?"

"Rem," she sighed, "I'm fine, I promise."

"Want to head to breakfast?"

"Sure Rem."

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

Nothing more. Those words continued to echo in my head. I've stopped caring to be honest, there's nothing I can do about it. The next moment, I did something I never thought I'd do. I slammed Remus against the wall. He looked surprised and scared at the same time. I pressed my lips against his, making his eyes grow wider. He kissed back, putting his hands on my cheek, making me melt into it. It was short lived, we both came back to our senses and I pushed away from him, frightened, frightened of what I had just done. I began to run off. "Y/N COME BACK!"

I was sitting in the Great Hall, none of my friends had come yet. It was about ten minutes later when Lily came. I felt like throwing up, as if my stomach was gonna burst open, why did I kiss Rem?

"Y/n," questioned Lily worriedly, "are you alright?"

"No," my voice was shaking, "I just did something very stupid- I slammed Remus against a wall and kissed him...."

"Y/N IT'S SO OBVIOUS REMUS LIKES YOU, WHY CAN'T YOU REALIZE THAT?!"

"He doesn't," I said blankly, "it was probably just the heat of the moment, he only cares for me as a friend."

"Y/N!"

I left back to my dorm in the Common Room just as The Marauders entered the Great Hall. I didn't want to do anything.

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

I saw Y/n pass us and my heart started beating faster. I looked back as she walked away, out of sight. We sat with Lily. We had started eating and I had to tell them.

"Guys," I began, "I think I should ask Y/n out, I honestly think I have a real shot, I mean she DID just slam me into a wall and kiss me in the-."

"She WHAT?" Yelled the rest of The Marauders.

"Yeah... it was pretty great, maybe this weekend won't be my worst after all."

"Yeah," sighed Lily, "there's just one problem, she doesn't think you like her back, she thinks the only reason you kissed back was because of the heat of the moment."

We all went silent.

"Mate you should ask her to the next Hogsmead trip and then on that trip, ask her to the dance," suggested Padfoot.

"OH MY GOD," I yelled, "THAT WAS WHAT I WAS GOING TO ASK HER TO BEFORE PADFOOT INTERRUPTED, SIRIUS BLACK YOU TOERAG."

Sirius started giggling as did the rest of the group.

I started to realize Lily was a little more comfortable around James. I was probably just hoping James would get her once and for all too much.

________________

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

It was night, the moon was out. I was staring outside at the full moon and heard a howl. Probably a werewolf, I thought. I looked at the bracelet Rem gave me, it was really beautiful. I began to think about Remus again and all the events that happened to me today. Then I saw something that caught my eye, there was a stag and a black dog going towards the Whomping Willow. They seemed to be playing around with each other. Strange.

"Y/n?" It was Lily, she came behind me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Y/n are you okay?"

"I guess."