Chapter 18: Why You?

(Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I arrived at the Hospital Wing to see him for myself.

Madame Pomfrey was at the door when I arrived, "dear, I don't think you'll want to see."

"Madame Pomfrey," I sighed, "please let me in, I need to see him, and can you put this painting next to his bed please? I'd appreciate it."

She nodded and walked to his bed, I followed.

She placed the painting next to a bed surrounded by curtains. I looked at my bracelet again, there wouldn't be a full moon for a few weeks. Madame Pomfrey moved the curtains out of the way and I saw Remus there, unconscious.

"Oh my god," was all I could whisper when I crumpled to the side of his bed and broke down. "How did this happen," I asked Madame Pomfrey.

"Well dear," she sighed, "he drank something that resembled the Felix Felicus potion, but it was actually yellow water with some other stuff and a fluid to make someone unconscious for... well I don't know when he'll wake or if he'll even wake, I'm sorry Miss L/n."

I nodded sadly.

"Y/n," Madame Pomfrey questioned, "do you have any idea why he'd want to take Felix Felicus?"

I thought about it for a moment, "yes actually, we weren't talking for weeks because I was really mad at him, he left me alone at the Halloween Dance. I didn't know the truth though. He sent me a note to meet him at the Astronomy Tower today. I went and he explained to me why he left... I broke down because of the way I acted towards him. I didn't know about his condition. He probably thought I didn't accept him, and took that to get lucky so I could come back. When I get my hands on whoever gave that to him I'm going to... to... oh my god it's all my fault, if I hadn't left!"

I began sobbing harder, "Remus, I'm so sorry, for everything I've done to you."

Just then, Lily and Sirius walked in, shocked. They both came up to me and hugged me.

"It's all my fault," was all I could whisper.

"Y/n," Sirius sighed, "it's not entirely your fault. It's going to be okay, we'll find out who did this to him."

"What if it's not all going to be okay?! What if he never wakes up?!"

"Y/n," Lily sighed, "you're right, we don't know for sure, but we can hope. Oh bloody hell, we have to go back to the Common Room soon because of curfew."

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~

It was silent the whole time walking back to the Common Room. When we arrived, Y/n hugged me and sobbed into my chest.

"Sirius," she cried, "I'm so sorry!"

I felt terrible. James, Marlene, Dorcas, and Peter walked in with pitiful looks on their faces.

"So... sorry...."

"Y/n," I moved her chin up towards me and smiled, "it's going to be alright, trust me."

She and Lily walked to their dorm rooms. To be honest, I don't know if everything will be alright, but I have to stay strong for everyone.

"It was Severus," Dorcas suddenly blurted out, "Severus Snape is the one who did this to Remus!"

I saw Marlene wince at the name.

"Dorcas," I began, "how do you even know this?"

"The reason I haven't been hanging out with you guys that much is because I've been stalking Snape in order to get blackmail against him," Dorcas smirked and then continued, "it hasn't been very useful until now, a couple of days ago I saw him giving an owl a vial of what looked like Felix Felicus and said 'to Remus Lupin.'"