Chapter 2: Sixth Year

(Edited)

~~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~~

*5 years later*

I awoke the day after we arrived at Hogwarts. I was glad they gave us the weekend so we could get ourselves together. Lucius Malfoy left three years ago but sometimes came back and visited Severus. I was still good friends with Remus, Lily, and the rest of the Marauders, although I felt Peter couldn't be trusted. I don't know why.

I walked with Lily to the Great Hall to go get breakfast. We saw the Marauders waiting for us there. I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw Remus. Bloody hell y/n not now. I looked over Lily and saw her smirking at me. When we approached the table Lily forced me to sit next to Remus, who as usual, had his face buried in a book.

"Hello my Lilyflower." Said the voice of James.

"Potter." She scoffed playfully.

I knew that deep down she liked him but would never admit it.

"Guys there's gonna be a Hogsmeade trip in two weeks," began Sirius, "are you guys going and if so are you gonna go with someone as a date?"

"Well," began James, "if I don't get into detention again then I can go, and I'll obviously ask out my Lilyflower."

"And I'll obviously say no," Lily continued, "but yeah I'm going to Hogsmeade. How about you Sirius?"

"Yeah," he began, "and I'm going to ask out Marlene McKinnon."

Lily and I both spit out our drinks, not because he had no chance, but because we didn't think he'd ask her out or liked her in that way. I mean he playfully flirts with all girls.

"How about you Remus," began Lily, eyeing me, "are you going to ask anyone out?"

He looked up and turned really red. "I mean," he began, "I haven't really thought about it, and I fancy someone and I don't really know how to tell them, I guess I'll just wait."

"Oo Remus fancies a girl," began Sirius, "so who's the girl, is it a nice Ravenclaw?"

"Oh Sirius," began James, "he didn't say it was a girl, I bet it's a guy. Oh Remus I always knew you were gay, it's okay."

"Oh shut it. I see the way you look at Sirius and I, James."

"Ohh we've discovered your little secret, have we?"

"Even if you did, it wouldn't be the first time."

The Marauders, Lily, and I broke out laughing but I was slightly confused.

____________________

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

That other "little secret" is the fact that I'm a werewolf. That's right, a raging, heartless, monster. Lily knows, but Y/n doesn't and it's for the best. I don't want her to know what I am. She'd probably never speak to me again. I wouldn't blame her, it'd just break my heart. I walked back to the common room with Lily, Y/n, James, and Sirius.

As we went upstairs to our dormitory to see if Peter was awake yet, James and Sirius started talking to me.

"Moony," began James, "we know you fancy Y/n."

"Make up your mind Prongs," I joked, "am I gay or not?"

"You're gay for y/n," Sirius giggled, "super gay."

"Padfoot, Prongs," I began, "that doesn't even make sense, and shove off, I only like her as a friend!"

James and Sirius began making moaning sounds and going "OH Y/N, YES!" I couldn't help but start laughing.

"Okay then Moony," began Sirius, "friends with benefits, that should be fair."

I punched Sirius in the arm. "ANIMAL ABUSE! ANIMAL ABUSE!"

They're idiots, but they're my idiot friends and I love them.

We walked back down and saw Lily and Y/n whispering and suddenly stopped when they saw that I came down. Strange.

"So," I began, awkwardly, "what are you guys talking about?"

"Nothing really," began Lily, "but you never told us who you fancied."

"Oh shut up." I sighed, rolling my eyes sarcastically. "Nah." Y/n replied, shooting finger guns.

I shot her death glare, but internally I was laughing.

___________

*A few moments before Remus came back downstairs*

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

After James, Sirius, and Remus went upstairs to see if Peter was awake or not, Lily began talking to me.

"Y/n," she giggled, "you don't have to make it so painfully obvious that you fancy Remus."

"Lily," I responded, "if I've been making it so 'painfully obvious' he would've noticed back in third year when it started. And besides, why don't you stop making it so painfully obvious that you love James Potter."

Lily turned as red as her hair, "fine I admit it, I like him, he's a git but somewhat likable."

"Lily stop lying to yourself, you LOOOVVVVEEEE him, I bet you even fantasize about him."

"Y/n," she sneered, "we both know you LOOOVVVVEEEE Remus Lupin and that he loves his baby girl back."

"Oh bloody hell Lily it's been three years now he would've said something."

"Unless he's shy like you."

"Hey!"

"There's so much sexual tension between you and Remus, I bet muggles can see it on their radars and trackers."

She began whispering something in my ear as Remus came downstairs "you really want that Lupco-."

We saw Remus look at us weirdly and she stopped just in case he'd hear, but I knew what she was gonna say. I deserved it for all those years making dirty jokes about her and James. Dear god I've been doing that since first year I really need to get help. You can get Remus' help if you know what I- Y/N SHUT UP! Sorry! Great, now I'm talking to myself and making jokes about myself and Remus. Thanks a lot weird mind.