Chapter 11: Living a Nightmare

(Edited)

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~

Moony... Tears began forming in my eyes. I was speechless. I looked over at James and Peter.

"James," I choked out, "go get McGonagall now!"

"Sirius," he sighed, "do you honestly think she's going to believe me?"

"Yes," snapped Peter, "because she knows you would never make up something like this!"

"Okay that's a valid point," he replied, "I'll go."

I've never seen that boy run faster.

I felt bad for leaving Marlene, but she knew about Remus's condition and understood.

~~~~~•James POV•~~~~~

As I ran to the Great Hall to get McGonagall, I knew the only person to fix this was Snivellus. I cursed under my breath. Lily had a worried look on her face when she saw me.

"James," she asked concerned, "what happened."

"It's Remus," I choked out, "and Y/n."

She gasped and immediately ran out to find them, she didn't know what was going on, but she had an idea.

I looked around for McGonagall and I found her talking to Professor Slughorn.

"Professors," I interrupted, "I'm very sorry to interrupt, but this is very important."

"Very well," she replied, "what is it Potter?"

Slughorn left.

"It's Remus," I choked out, "and Y/n. He ditched her because it's a full moon and she doesn't know about him. She chased him outside and... he went after her... she had no choice Professor please believe me!"

McGonagall looked concerned, "what did she do?"

I sighed, "she used that strange and deadly spell that Snape used on her and Remus, Professor I need help from you and Snape, please."

She nodded, left, and came back with Snivellus.

"Professor, why should I help Potter and his friends?"

"Because, Severus, I'll give you another month-long detention and ban you from going on any more Hogsmeade trips this year, and maybe even next year if I feel it's necessary."

"Fine."

~~~~~Lily POV•~~~~~

I ran towards a sobbing Y/n and a transformed Remus.

"Lily," she choked, "he's dead, and I harmed this creature, even if it did kill Rem I still feel bad!"

Sirius and Peter neared us.

"Y/n," began Peter, "he might still be ali-"

"He's not! Remus is dead because of this MONSTER And I can't help but also feel responsible!"

We all stayed silent, I didn't know what to say. We didn't know what to say.

James, Snape, and McGonagall came outside. James petrified Remus as Snape undid the spell.

"Y/n," McGonagall came walking towards her, "Remus Lupin may be alive, we're going to find his body, in the meantime, we're going to put this transformed student in the Whomping Willow, you will not be punished because it was self-defense, I know, surprising I won't punish you."

She walked off with Snape who made eye contact with me, I quickly looked away.

We walked back to the Common Room, Y/n was silent the whole time, tears were still streaming down her face.

"Y/n," I began, "McGonagall did say he may still be alive."

"Key word," she snapped, "'may,' come on Lily even if he was alive, he wouldn't want to see me, I don't think I'd want to see him either."

"I'm going to rest," Y/n sighed, "I'll grieve tomorrow."

I felt horrible that she didn't know the truth, but it wasn't my secret to tell.

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I can't stop crying.

I can't stop thinking it was my fault.

I can't stop thinking about how much he probably hates me and how I need to stay away.

I want to be angry at him.

I can't stop thinking about how much I love him.

I can't stop thinking about him.

I can't stop thinking about how he's dead.

Eventually I cried so much I fell asleep. I opened my eyes again. I was in some winter house, the walls were gray. I got out of bed and sat near the fireplace with a bar of chocolate. It was night, the moon was a quarter moon, and it was snowing. I then felt two strong arms behind me.

"Darling," I immediately recognized this voice as Rem's, "come back to bed, you must be tired from the trip."

"Okay Rem," I sighed. It was December 31, 1978.

I looked into Rem's eyes and they were filled with happiness and excitement. He pressed his lips against mine as his hands traveled down my hips. He then took my hand.

"Y/n," he began, "I love you so much."

"I love you too Rem." He then circled his finger around the engagement ring on my finger.

I awoke and sat straight up. Tears began streaming down my face. That was the life we could've had.... No Y/n, that's the life we could've had if he was still here.