Chapter 9: Together

Yeah so if you're wondering why I keep updating it's because I'm a perfectionist and I'm editing some obvious mistakes. (Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

Remus Lupin just kissed me! I was shocked. We made our way to the Common Room to put away our stuff, then we made our way to the Great Hall.

"Rem," I began trying to strike up a conversation, "that was-" "

Amazing, I know."

We weren't really a couple yet but we were a thing.

"Hey Sirius," I joked, "I've taken your boyfriend."

"Which one," he laughed, "it better not be Moony."

"It is Moony, I've taken your bitch Sirius, what are you gonna do about it?"

"No not Moony," he yelled, "how dare you take my one of many boyfriend Moony, now I have to rely on Prongs, Y/n you bitch."

"SIRIUS BLACK, DETENTION."

Sirius sighed in defeat as we all started laughing about McGonagall giving him a detention.

Shortly after, Lily and Remus left because of Prefect Duties. I was alone with the Marauders, so we decided to walk to the Common Room.

"So Y/n," James giggled, "when are you going to do unspeakable things to our Remus?"

"JAMES POTTER," I started laughing, "we're not really even dating, I wouldn't do that with him."

"Yet," added Sirius, I glared at him, "what, I mean you're probably going to shag at some point."

____________________

*a few weeks later*

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

It was Monday and the Hogsmeade trip was this weekend. The Halloween dance was in two weeks. Now was my chance to finally ask Y/n out, she'd finally be completely mine. It felt weird not telling her. I felt bad, she deserves to know the truth but I want to keep her safe and I don't want her to hate me because of my condition.

James, Sirius. and Peter had detention tonight and tomorrow night for pranking the Slytherins. Let's just say they all woke up with red and gold hair, it took hours to get out, and Professor Slughorn wasn't happy.

Classes went by rather quickly, Lily was with Marlene. The Marauders for once agreed to give me some space in the Common Room to ask out Y/n. She was in the Common Room reading.

I sat next to her and hugged her, "hey Y/n can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I was worried about what he was going to talk to me about. What if he said it wasn't gonna work out? Y/n shut up stop worrying, even if that's the situation you need to accept it.

"Y/n," he began looking around nervously, "we've fancied each other for awhile... and I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me this weekend on the Hogsmeade trip and maybe be my girlfriend?"

"Rem," I smiled, "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

Remus then leaned in and kissed me. Whenever we kissed it felt magical, it felt like our lips were made for each other. He tasted like chocolate, making me want more.

He then pulled away, "I'll see you this weekend Y/n."

_________________

*time skip to Hogsmeade*

I was waiting for Remus at The Three Broomsticks. The Halloween dance was in two weeks and I had already bought my dress.

Rem walked into The Three Broomsticks, "sorry I'm late," he smiled, "I was held back by a certain group of people." I giggled.

"Hey Y/n I got you something," Rem handed me a necklace with my birthstone.

"Rem, you shouldn't have."

"No Y/n, I want to make you feel special, and besides I know you got me something, it'd be rude not to get you something."

I handed him his gift, it was a book about astronomy.

"Thank you Y/n, I love it."

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

We both ordered two butterbeers and my palms were starting to sweat. I quickly dried them with my clothes and took both her hands.

"Y/n," I began, "I was wondering if you'd like to be my date to the Halloween dance in two weeks."

"Rem of course I will." I was now smiling like an idiot.

I saw her look outside and gasp. I looked too, Sirius was snogging Marlene as if it was the end of the world.

Y/n started laughing really hard upon seeing this, as did I.

"Go Padfoot!" I yelled.

He pulled away and turned red, "I'll get you for this Moony!"

He didn't care though, he continued snogging her.

We had to leave soon, so we made our way back to Hogwarts. I escorted her back to the Common Room.

"Rem look at the moon, it's so beautiful," she marveled, "it's going to be a full moon in a few weeks."

"Yeah...."

"Rem, is something wrong?"

"No darling, nothing is wrong," I sighed, "why don't you come here?"

Y/n sat on my lap and I kissed her forehead.

We both ate some chocolate while looking at the moon.

"Rem I'm worried," she began, staring ahead. "I'm worried about the war, what if you die? What if I'm the next muggle-born to die?"

"Y/n," I held her hand and turned her face towards me, "we're going to be fine, we have each other."

A tear streamed down her face so I wiped it off.

"Y/n," I held her closer to me, "people will die, I'm afraid too, everyone is, but look, in the end, everything will be alright."

"But what if it's not?"

"Y/n don't think that way, be optimistic, someone will come and get rid of You-Know-Who once and for all."

I continued to stare into her eyes, I was afraid too, but I needed to stay strong for Y/n.