Chapter 23: Missing You

Woah 1K reads thanks guys! (Update: Well now it's 1.2K!)

(Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I've been so off this entire week so far. It's only Wednesday, Remus's funeral is Saturday. I still can't believe he's dead. I hope this is some sick joke, but as the days pass that theory becomes slowly disproven. McGonagall offered to talk to me today after class about it, it might work, McGonagall and I actually have a really good student teacher relationship so we talk quite a bit.

Class ended so I made my way to McGonagall's office.

"Y/n," McGonagall began, "before we begin, would you like some tea?"

"Of course," I replied, "thanks Minnie."

"This is probably an ignorant question to ask, but how are you?" She asked me.

"If I'm being honest," I began, "my life feels like rubbish. I'm not taking it well at all. I can't even focus in class. I'm always crying in my dorm, it's rather terrible."

"Y/n, if it makes you feel any better, we're expelling Severus next week."

"I guess it makes me feel a tad bit better." I admitted.

"This may be a sensitive question, but did he say anything to you before he passed?" She asked me, not trying to hurt my feelings.

"No, he didn't say anything to me. He did write that he loved me in his blasted journal though." My voice cracked a little when I said that.

"Well," she looked me in the eyes, "did you love him back?"

I broke the eye contact and began to stare blankly at the floor. I felt tears threatening to pour down like rain.

"I did, and I still do. I miss him so much."

There was an awkward silence before she spoke again.

"Look Y/n," she sighed, "I don't usually do this, but you're responsible and good in my class so I'll do this for you. Y/n, I'll let you skip my class for the rest of this week and some of next week if you need it, just ask Lily for your homework."

I stood up and hugged her. "Thank you so much Minnie."

"You're welcome, Y/n. If you don't want to talk anymore. You can leave if you'd like."

"Yeah I think I'm okay now. Bye, I'll see you around."

"Goodbye, Y/n."

I left her office and saw Snape on my way back to the Common Room. I pushed him against the wall and put my wand up to his face.

"What do you want Miss L/n?" He asked in a menacing tone. "I want to know why you made Lily kill Remus."

"I'll have you know," he began, "that Lupin isn't dead, and once he wakes up, I won't be expelled."

"You're lying, you're a liar!" I yelled. "He's dead, even Madame Pomfrey said so!"

He chuckled, "well Madame Pomfrey doesn't know anything about the new spells and potions I created."

I punched him in the nose and left, angrily.

I heard him mumble something about me being a filthy mudblood as I left, he can shove off. As I walked into the Common Room I said something about how fun it is to punch Snape in the nose. James, Sirius, and Peter chuckled, for the first time in a few days they showed signs of happiness.

"Hey guys," I began, "where are Lily and Marlene?"

"Oh err," Sirius mumbled, "Lily went to go comfort Marlene...."