Chapter 13: Notes

A/N: THANK YOU GUYS FOR 282 READS! (Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

It has been a day since Remus was released from the Hospital Wing. It was Monday morning. I got ready for class and met Lily in the Common Room. I was still sad about what had happened the other day. We walked to the Great Hall, I sat next to Sirius as Lily sat to my right. I ignored Remus' stare, it was already stressful enough having all my Monday classes with him.

Lily and I walked to class together, unfortunately, Remus sits next to me in Potions, my first class. I hesitantly sat next to him.

"Hey Y/n."

"Lupin."

I heard him sigh and curse under his breath. I just wanted Potions to end already because I didn't sit next to him in my next class, Ancient Runes.

__________

I got kind of bored during Ancient Runes so I fell asleep during half the class. Lily shook me awake as the class ended. I woke up with a note on my desk, I decided not to read it until lunch. After a couple of classes, Lily and I walked to the Great Hall for lunch. When I read the note, I couldn't tell who it was because the handwriting wasn't one I had seen before.

The note read:

Dear Y/n,

I have an important matter to discuss with you, but I can't do it today. Meet me in the Astronomy tower two weeks from now. Come at 8:00 pm. I'm excited to see you, I'll be waiting.

(PS: You won't figure out my identity until then.)

~anonymous

I sighed. Two weeks, huh? Then another note came flying in the form of a swan. Maybe the person who sent me the first note didn't want to wait two weeks.

The second note read:

Dear L/n,

We may not be on the best terms, and we're in rival houses, but I have something to propose. If you don't agree with it, we can forget all about this note, I'm not looking to find more trouble with you. We both hate Lupin, we want to get back at him, well I can help with that. You know him well, so send me his schedule(s) and pastime activities through another note so we can both get revenge on him.

(PS: This doesn't change anything between us, L/n.)

~Your nemesis, Severus Snape

I knew it'd be wrong to do anything to Remus, but he wronged me. They do say, two wrongs make a right. I immediately wrote back. "Who's that letter to?" Lily asked.

"Don't worry about it," I smiled, "it's personal."

"Okay."

The first note was probably also from Severus, I'm still meeting him there in two weeks since he didn't cancel.

~~~~~•Lily POV•~~~~~

I know Y/n is lying, but it's probably nothing serious. I pretended to believe her, the last thing I wanted to do was get into a fight with Y/n. Y/n is already mad enough, there's no need to get her madder. I decided to write a note to James. I came up with something and began writing.

The note read:

James,

How do we fix what's going on between Y/n and Remus? She's too damn stubborn. He's too damn scared. Any crazy ideas?

~Lily Evans

I made the note into a bird and sent it to him. A few seconds later, I got one back.

The note read:

My Lilyflower,

For the first time in my life, I have no idea. They're both shaken up by it. Actually that's a lie, about not knowing something, I usually don't know anything. Aren't you supposed to be the one that knows everything?

~your future husband, James Potter

I groaned when I saw the beginning and end of the note. I wrote another one.

It read:

I'm not even going to be formal, you're such a git. Call me Lilyflower one more time and I'll hex you. Also, I don't know everything, I know a lot of things, but I don't know what to do about this. And yeah, they're both pretty shaken up about it.

~Your NOT future wife, Lily

I sent it away. Shortly after I got another one. It was also from James. He probably called me Lilyflower again.

I may be a git, but I'm your git, Lilyflower.

~James Potter, the father of your future child

"Y/n," I began, "will you excuse me for a second?"

"Sure Lils."

I walked up to where James was and did a bat-bogey hex on him.

"Told you I'd do it, James."

Peter, Remus, and Sirius looked at me surprised as I walked away, triumphantly.

_____________

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

We were in Professor McGonagall's class, the last class of the day. I was glad we were leaving shortly, I just wanted to do homework and sleep if I could, I didn't even feel like eating. I accidentally dropped my quill near where Y/n and Lily were sitting.

"Bloody fucking hell," I said loud enough for McGonagall to hear as I got up. McGonagall slowly turned around looking in my direction and yelled, "who said that?!"

I had to think fast. Since James sat next to me, I decided to use him.

"God James, this is a learning environment! Sometimes I don't even know why I'm friends with you because you always say that kind of stuff!"

I could hear Sirius and Peter cracking up in the back.

"Detention, Potter."

"Thanks," James groaned, "thanks a lot."

"You're welcome Prongs," I beamed back at him.

McGonagall went on with the lesson and class finally ended. I walked alone to my dorm, did my homework, and fell asleep. I have Prefect duties tomorrow night. That gave me an excuse to avoid everyone.