Chapter 25: The Funeral

(Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I stepped into the dining room. Today was Remus's funeral, and we were having muffins for breakfast. I was wearing black, as was everyone else, no one complimented anyone if they looked good because funerals aren't exactly something you have to look spectacular for, it's not like funerals are events to pick people up if you know what I mean.

I walked by his coffin and put his journal in his hands, he would've wanted to be buried with it, I don't want to read it anymore.

"I miss you Rem." I went upstairs to my room and put on the moon bracelet. "I miss you so much."

I reluctantly got the note from Snape on Friday, he said to read it today before the funeral. I opened it up and began to read it.

L/n,

Your halfbreed boyfriend isn't dead, sadly. My potion that I gave Lily only makes someone seem dead. At first it was going to last a year, but I found a way to shorten it. He's going to wake up sometime today. If you don't believe me you'll see, and I'll be unexpelled.

~Severus

Liar, I know he killed him.

_________

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~~

I was helping to lower Moony into his grave. James, Lyall, Peter, Frank, and I were carrying his coffin. We haven't closed it yet. Y/n was walking next to me crying, Marlene was behind me and Lily was beside James. McGonagall and Dumbledore were in the front row. We placed Moony's coffin down in front of his grave. Before any of us said anything, Y/n was going to say a few things, then the coffin would be lowered in. I looked over at Alice, Marlene, Dorcas, and Mary. They looked so empty and broken.

I regret leaving Marlene. It was silly of me to leave her. She's so amazing, but I'm not good for her. That's why I left. I left for her own good and I deeply regret it.

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I stepped up in front of everyone. I was the only one standing now. I'm so nervous. I cleared my throat. I really regret not making a speech like Lily had told me to do, especially for such an important and serious event, I guess I'll just have to make one up now.

"Remus Lupin, how do I even begin? You were just so spectacular. Remus was born March 10, 1960. I met him at Platform 9 3/4, I'm a muggleborn so I had no idea how to get to the Platform. He told me and even showed me how. I thought I was going mad when I saw him go into the bricks. We sat together on the Hogwarts Express and both of us were sorted into Gryffindor. Remus was a loyal and amazing friend. Towards the end of our third year I started catching feelings. We got together this year and I made some poor choices. Some choices where maybe if I hadn't made them, he'd still be here. I still sometimes blame myself for what happened but he wouldn't want me to and he knows it wasn't my fault. Thank you Remus, for being such an amazing friend during your time here."

I began to tear up and walked up to his coffin. Sirius, James, Hope and Lyall were lowering it with me. I was carrying it from behind his head when I heard a voice and fell into the ditch, obviously dropping my side that I was carrying beforehand. "MERLIN'S BLOODY BALLS!" Was what the voice said, it was Remus.

He was breathing heavily and sat straight up inside his coffin.

"Bloody hell... is this my fucking funeral?"

"Yeah well you see here Rem," I smiled, "we thought you bloody died, and now I'm stuck in a ditch thanks to you."

"Sorry darling," he replied, "I thought I died too until I realized I wasn't, which was right after I blacked out."