Chapter 8: After All This Time

(Edited)

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

I awoke in the morning on the floor of the Shrieking Shack. I had new cuts all over my body. I was used to it by now, the pain. Padfoot, Wormtail, and Prongs came in shortly after.

"Moony are you alright?"

"I guess I am Wormtail, I'm used to it by now."

They carried me to the Hospital Wing.

"My dear," began Madame Pomfrey, "are you alright?"

"The transformation was a bit rough," I replied, "but I'm used to it by now."

She put bandages on some of my scars and made me take something, I obviously drank it. I was falling asleep when I heard yelling nearby.

"Y/N COME ON ITS BREAKFAST WE CAN GO VISIT HIM AFTER CLASS!"

"LILS YOU KNOW THAT THAT'S GOING TO BE HOURS FROM NOW! LET'S GO!"

"YOU HAVE A POINT LET'S GO!"

"WHY ARE WE STILL SCREAMING?!"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"Okay let's just stop screaming and go inside."

"Alright Y/n."

"I heard you girls screaming outside," I giggled, "it was quite pleasant."

Lily and Y/n laughed. Bloody hell how I loved Y/n's laugh. Y/n's eyes darted to my cuts and bandages.

"Remus," she gasped, "what happened to you."

"Oh," I sighed, I don't like lying to Y/n, "Padfoot and I were playing a little rough last night, it was my fault though."

"Dumbass."

I laughed, I honestly loved Y/n's remarks.

"Do be safe next time Rem," pleaded Y/n, "anyways, Lils we need to get to breakfast. Bye Rem, feel better."

~~~~~•Lily POV•~~~~~

I felt bad that Y/n didn't know about Remus' "furry little problem," but it's not my secret to tell. We were silent on the way to breakfast.

"Y/n," I began, trying to lighten the mood, "I know the real reason Remus is hurt."

"Why is that?" She asked.

"It's because you and him did it too hard in the Forbidden Forest." "OH SHOVE OFF LILS!"

She started laughing. I know she normally likes dirty jokes.

We passed by Severus and I got a little angry. The fact that he attacked Y/n and insulted me by using the m-word made me kind of regret being best friends with him. After all those times I defended him and treated nicely, that's how he pays me back? It just sickens me.

I sat down next to Y/n, the Marauders minus Remus came shortly after. James sat next to me, I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on Evans," smirked Sirius, "you know you love him."

"Yeah my Lilyflower," giggled James, "you know you want all of this."

"I don't see anything there Potter," I began, "except for an annoying git."

Y/n started laughing.

____________

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

Class felt lifeless without Remus. It was never really boring to me, I enjoyed learning about magic, I guess I just miss Rem. All I could think about was Rem. I was hoping he'd be okay, I couldn't stop worrying about him.

I was in my last class when Sirius approached me, "hey Y/n, would you like to come with us to visit Remus?"

"Of course I do!"

Finally, class ended, I could finally visit Remus. Lily and I met up with the Marauders and began to walk to the Hospital Wing.

"So Sirius," I asked, "how are things going with you and Marlene?"

"Pretty good actually," he smirked, "how are things going with you and Remus?"

"What," I panicked, "no no w-we're not, I-I'm not, I d-don't...."

"Y/n," began James, "it's so painfully obvious that you like our Moony, you have a real shot with him."

"James I don't know." I sighed.

Then out of nowhere, James, Sirius, and Peter began to moan really loudly, "YES REMUS HARDER, OHHH. Y/N I LOVE YOU AHHH. OH REMUS, REMUS, THAT'S RIGHT F-" Severus had silenced them. I petrified Severus shortly after as we ran to the Hospital Wing while Lily unsilenced them.

When we ran in, Rem was sitting up eating something in the hospital bed. He didn't have a shirt on so I accidentally began to stare. He noticed I was staring and immediately turned red and pulled up a sheet. I began to blush. James, Sirius, Lily, and Peter noticed this and began to have a laughing fit.

After about an hour, Madame Pomfrey told us he'd be back by dinner, Lily, James, Peter, and Sirius left me alone with Rem.

"Y/n," he began, "you could go with them if you'd like, you don't have to stay here with me."

"Remus I want to stay here with you, you're one of my best friends."

"Y/n you have homework, you should focus on that instead of me."

"Fine, I'll just do my homework here."

___________

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

We both finished our homework just in time for dinner. We were walking side by side when I brought up something I probably shouldn't have.

"So Y/n, about last night...."

"Rem," she sighed, "can we not talk about last night, what is there to talk about?"

"Y/n," I sighed, "there's obviously something to talk about last night, bloody hell, we kissed last night."

"Remus," she sighed, "we both know you only kissed back because of heat of the moment."

"Maybe," I teased, "but I'd do it again."

I slammed her against the wall and started kissing her passionately. She kissed back, just like last night but in reverse. I pulled away slowly, tucking her hair behind her ear. She then hugged me.

~~~~~•Y/n and Remus•~~~~~

Maybe after all this time we had a shot after all.