Chapter 34: Cliche

A/N: Hey there everyone, I hope you're well. I'm back from my unexpected hiatus. Here's a new chapter, enjoy! Also, there's another Author's note at the end of this chapter that you should read.

(Edited)

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I had my hands buried in my face when Sirius, James, Peter, and Lily angrily stormed into the Hospital Wing.

"Y/N," Sirius fumed, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CHEATED ON MOONY! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D NEVER HURT HIM!"

James, Peter, and Lily were giving me dirty looks.

I sighed. "This is going to sound so cliche and fake but it wasn't what it looked like," I sighed, "I'd never hurt Remus on purpose, let me explain."

Lily rolled her eyes, "well then it better be a good explanation, get to it."

"I woke up and my vision was hazy. I could barely see anything. Then Lockhart started kissing me and I didn't know it was him, I thought it was Remus. Remus is a way better kisser than Lockhart by the way, but anyways, I started deepening the kiss and then I heard Remus yell and realized it was someone who wasn't Remus kissing me. I realized it was Lockhart once I heard the guy talk. I really wouldn't hurt Remus on purpose."

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~

I looked at her for a while. Her eyes were glassy. She was evidently crying before we got here. She loves Remus, right? She wouldn't hurt him on purpose.

"I believe you, Y/n," I began, "unfortunately Remus doesn't and is beating himself up about it right now."

Upon hearing this she buried her face in her hands. I gave her an apologetic look. James, Lily, and Peter were silent.

"I love him, I don't care what it takes, I'll show him I appreciate him."

"It's not exactly appreciation," I sighed.

"Whatever it is, I'll fix it."

"Y/n, I really hope you succeed. I really like you two together."

"I do too, Sirius."

Madame Pomfrey came in shortly after and allowed Y/n to leave the Hospital Wing, we walked back to the Common Room with her.

_______

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

"Hey there mate."

I looked over at the person who said it, it was Sirius. "Oh, hey Padfoot."

"I talked to Y/n."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, she's in the Common Room by the way."

"Alright. What'd she say?"

"She said that it wasn't what it looked like and I believe her because her vis-"

"Cliche."

"Excuse me, what Moony?"

"I said 'cliche.' Bloody hell Padfoot you'd think that being a dog in your animagus form would give you better hearing," I half joked.

He scoffed, "she was telling the truth Moony, you're acting like her last year with that whole Yule Ball Werewolf thing."

"Shut up, that was different."

"No it wasn't, they were both overreactions to misunderstandings."

"No they weren't."

"Merlin, are we going to have you two getting pissed at each other because of a misunderstanding and lack of communication every bloody year?"