Chapter 5: Hogsmeade (Quick A/N)

(Edited)

Author's Note

I know it's not a lot, but 18 reads wow. It's pretty surprising to be honest because there are so many stories on Wattpad and the fact that people actually found mine and read it is amazing. Anyways, I also wanted to point out that yes, there is a chapter 3, Wattpad kind of messed up my chapters so Chapter 3 is gonna be last. I tried fixing it but I couldn't. I'd also like to point out that I don't really understand which copyright choice would apply to this fanfiction but if I chose the wrong one, just understand this and the fact that I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters. Oh and thank you to whoever voted my story. Here's chapter 5, enjoy!

~~~~~•James POV•~~~~~

I watched as Padfoot walked to the table looking pleased with himself.

"Prongs, Wormtail, little Miss Evans," he began, "we need to talk."

"Before you do," interrupted Wormtail, "where are Remus and Y/n?"

"They're still in the Common Room," replied Padfoot, "which is what I want to talk about. Remus and Y/n obviously like each other. We all want to see them get together, and it will start when we leave them alone together at Hogsmeade, then Remus might get the courage to ask Y/n to the Halloween dance that I may or may not have given McGonagall an anonymous idea for. Maybe after we get them together, we may get some other people together." I saw him wink at me. Oh.

"Well," I began, "Padfoot, that's a great plan, I'm in."

"Moony deserves someone as great as Y/n for him," began Wormtail, "I'm in."

"How about you my Lilyflower," I joked, "are you in?"

"Call me Lilyflower again and I'll hex you Ja- Potter," Lily sneered, "but yeah I'm in, Remus and Y/n deserve each other."

We saw Remus and Y/n walk into the Great Hall with Marlene McKinnon, now was Padfoot's chance.

~~~~~•Sirius POV•~~~~~

I saw Marlene walk into the Great Hall and my heart skipped a beat. Now is your chance Padfoot.

I stood up and walked up to her, "Marlene," I began nervously, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend on a date, but if you don't want it to be a date it doesn't have to be I was ju-"

"Sirius Black," she began. I could feel myself getting more nervous by the second, "of course I'll go with you on a date."

The anticipation was over.

I ran over to the table, "YESSS I DID IT, SHE SAID YESSS, HELL YEAH" Moony pulled me down just as McGonagall walked into the Great Hall. Thank you Moony.

"YES WE'RE GOING TO HAVE LITTLE PADFOOTS RUNNING AROUND NOW!" Yelled Prongs.

"Nice Sirius," giggled Y/n, "I didn't know that it'd be difficult for you to ask her out, you seem to get all the girls."

I had never agreed more with any statement until now.

___________________

The rest of the week went by fast. Surprisingly, none of us have gotten detention... yet. It was a late night in the Common Room, the Hogsmeade trip is tomorrow. Remus was reading a book with Y/n in front of the fireplace. Tomorrow they'd be taking the first step to becoming a couple.

__________________

~~~~~•Y/n POV•~~~~~

I woke up frantically as Lily yelled "Y/N HOGSMEADE IS TODAY GET YOUR LAZY ARSE UP OR ELSE WE ARE GOING TO MISS THE TRAIN!" I rushed to get dressed and ran with Lily to the train. We got into a compartment with Remus, James, and Peter. Sirius was with Marlene in another compartment. They were such a great couple. We got off at Hogsmeade and I was ditched after ten minutes. I was alone with Remus now.

"Do they normally do this?" I asked.

"No, they've never done this actually." Remus replied.

"Does Lily usually do this?"

"No, never."

We decided to make the best of our situation and bought a huge supply of chocolate. We were eating it peacefully outside. It was awkward, I didn't know what to say.

"Hey Remus," I began, "are you going to try out for Quidditch this year?"

"Probably not," he replied smiling, "sports isn't really my thing, how about you?"

"I've been thinking about it," I confessed, "Quidditch looks really fun and I've been practicing."

"Well, I think you can make the team and would make a great addition. Just be careful Y/n."

~~~~~•Remus POV•~~~~~

She'd probably do amazing at Quidditch. Imagining her riding around on a broom full of confidence made me blush.

"Hey Y/n," I asked, "want to head over to The Three Broomsticks?"

"Sure," she responded. I could see her getting flustered, maybe I have a chance after all. We both ordered a butterbeer.

"Remus," she began, "if you don't wanna answer you don't have to, but why do you disappear so often?"

There was a short silence.

"You see Y/n," I began, I couldn't tell her the truth, "I get sick a lot, you don't have to worry about it though."

"So Remus what music do you listen to?"

I loved the topic of music, it's quite odd we haven't discussed it together but I guess we haven't had enough time alone to talk about things like that.

"Oh," I began, "I listen to a lot of jazz, classical, I also listen to The Beatles and some Aretha Franklin, oh and Micheal Jackson of course, I really like Muggle music."

"Oh yeah," said Y/n, "I almost forgot you're a half-blood, that's a nice selection of music by the way. You should listen to Prince, he's pretty good too."

"Now that you say it I will."

I saw her smile a little. Remus John Lupin, maybe she likes you after all. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"So Y/n I heard that there's going to be a Halloween dance."

"Yeah I heard from Lily, are you gonna ask anyone Rem?"

Did she just call me Rem? Bloody hell I was blushing so much I was probably the color of Lily's hair.

"Yeah actually Y/n-" I was about to ask her to go with me when Sirius interrupted by putting me in a chokehold and sitting across from us. "Oh so now you decide to come?"

James, Lily and Peter sat down with us too. I noticed Lily giving Sirius a death glare.

They ordered some butterbeers. After we talked for a while we went back to Hogwarts. I forgot what I was gonna ask Y/n. We arrived back to the Common Room and Lily was fuming at Sirius. I didn't want to get involved so I went to the library and saw Y/n reading a book. I sat down next to her, also reading a book. I still couldn't remember what I was going to ask her, it probably wasn't anything too important.