CHAPTER TWO

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Two
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

                           "Where the hell are we going?" Carter asked for the umpteenth time. She had been given a new bunch of clothes, to which she accepted gladly, and was sat in the backseat for two hours. "I'm starving back here. I can literally feel my stomach digesting itself." Klaus Mikaelson ignored the sarcastic girl, switching on his blinker. "Oh, no... I can see it.. I can see the light." Stefan muffled a light chuckle, rolling his eyes. She gasped dramatically, slapping her hand against her chest. "Can't... breathe.." Klaus groaned aloud, glaring at her through the rearview mirror. "I'm going to feed you, little one. We have to get there first." She reciprocated his glare, crossing her arms over her chest. "I heard that the place we're going to has excellent cheese fries."

She let out a puff of air, leaning back against the seat. Fifteen minutes later, and they finally pull up to a roadside bar. She was quick to tear off her seatbelt and hopped out of the car, her stomach weak from lack of food. "Thank God!" she cheered, causing the Original beside her to smirk. "I see your friend is a bit of a dramatic," he directed his words toward Stefan, looping his fingers around her thin wrist. She fought the urge to push him away, allowing the stronger individual to pull her along behind him. Who knew what would happen if she had fought against him. Motorcycles were lined up in front of the building, a mixture of Harleys and Indians.

The trio stepped into the building, walking toward the bar. "Hi!" the strawberry blonde chirped, plopping down onto the stool sitting at the bar. "Could I get some cheese fries and a Coke?" The bartender, who's tag read Red nodded at her, his whisker covered lips quirking into a smirk. Klaus sat beside her, and Stefan took the seat on her other side, both staring at the door. "So, what are we doing here?" she questioned, only to be shushed when a large man came through the door, walking toward the bar. "What's up, Ray?" Red greeted the hairy man, Carter's eyebrows raising in confusion. "Hey, Red. Get me a beer."

Klaus got up from his seat, causing her mouth to drop. "What–" Stefan pulled her back onto her seat, shushing the girl. "Just shut up, okay?" he asked of the poor girl, making her brows furrow in confusion. "Ray? Ray Sutton?" Klaus questioned, staring up at the burly man. "Who wants to know?" A smirk played Klaus' unbelievably plump lips, his eyes scanning the man. "I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you." Carter looked to Stefan, watching his eyes lower to the counter. Her cheese fries were sat in front of her, the bartender flashing her a sweet smile. "Thanks," she told him, although she wasn't feeling very hungry anymore.