CHAPTER SIXTEEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Sixteen
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                         "Ah, Carter," a voice called out as soon as Carter began descending the stairs. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs, eyeing the hybrid standing close to Damon. Her head tilted to the side in confusion. "What the hell is he doing here?" sh asked Damon, watching his eyebrows raise. She noticed the glasses filled with a brown liquid, a liquid she had grown accustomed to. Damon seemed to drink it regularly. "You know what? I don't care. Will you pour me a glass?" Damon smiled gently, nodding in response. "It's lovely to see you again," Klaus hummed. She bit back a low growl, ignoring his flirtatious grin. Carter crossed the room and took the glass from Damon's hand, pressing a kiss of thanks to his cheek.

"Your beloved and I were just talking about younger siblings. I vaguely remember you mentioning one of your own," he spoke slowly, turning his neck to look back at the strawberry blonde. She felt her fingers tighten into a fist, fighting the thought of punching him in the face with downing her glass of Bourbon. "Get back to why you're here," Damon growled lowly. "Cheers, mate!" Klaus spoke eagerly, raising his glass. "Down the hatch." Damon's words were laced with caution, his lightning blue eyes examining him as they both threw back their drinks. Klaus smiled, letting out an appreciative sigh. "You know, we've actually got a lot in common, you and I." Carter scoffed, plopping down onto the sofa. Damon's hand smoothed over her shoulder, his fingers curling into her hair.

"Really? Well, yeah. Maybe we can bond over our mutual loathing of my brother. Why are you so mad at him? He stole something?" She felt uneasy beneath Klaus' gaze, his green eyes stuck on Damon's hand. She let Damon refill her drink, staring down at the rug below her. "My family, the Originals. I had them daggered, boxed-up awaiting the day when I saw fit to wake them. And he went in and pinched the bloody lot." Klaus eyed Carter up and down, his eyebrows raised. "The only other person who knew where they were was Carter..." She glared at him, feeling Damon's fingers tighten over her shoulder. "Such a buzzkill, my baby bro. Well, I'd love to find him. Just the trouble is, I sure as hell don't work for you," Damon replied, pulling Klaus' gaze from on his girlfriend.