CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Twenty-Five
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                         "They're having this thing over at Wickery Bridge. Your mom said we should go, and your aunt is really ecstatic to spend time with you," Kaitlin explained, pulling Carter's comforter higher over her shoulders. She faced Carter, watching as the girl groaned slightly. "You know, you have you're own room," she huffed. Ever since Carter had gotten home that night, Kaitlin hadn't left her room. She laid down right beside her best friend and they looked through Kaitlin's photo album of the past year and a half. But now that it was nine in the morning, Carter wanted Kaitlin to leave. "We don't hang out anymore, Cee. Come on," the Japanese girl whined, moving closer to the strawberry blonde. Her green eyes rolled skyward, but her lips quirked into a small smile.

She did feel guilty for not hanging out with Kaitlin more. They were friends first, and now its like Carter puts her last. "Fine," she spoke, nudging her nose further into her pillow. "But let me sleep five more minutes, okay?" If Kaitlin knew what ran behind Carter's eyes at night, she would understand why the girl wasn't sleeping at night. Yet, Kaitlin pouted. "Carterrr," she whined. Carter slapped her palm over her face, letting out an irritated groan. "Jesus Christ, fine!" She threw the comforter from her body in a flash, and stepped onto the cool ground. She missed her closet. Her biggest mistake was leaving without her socks. Her sock feet padded across the floor silently, taking her to her very cool bathroom. Kaitlin bounced out of the bed and toward the girl's closet. "I'm so glad we're doing this!" she chirped with a small giggle.

"Ever since you and Damon reunited, its like he had you on an invisible leash. I'm glad you came back." Carter rolled her eyes at Kaitlin's words. She yanked her brush through her messy curls, wincing with each pulled tangle. "Don't get me wrong, you two are definitely made for each other, but you're so young. You need to go out and date. You need to find yourself," Kaitlin explained. Her words were heavy, and Carter could have swore they were the reason she dropped her brush. "You okay?" She hummed in response, pulling her hair back into a high ponytail. Kaitlin fingered through the outfits hung in Carter's closet. The two girls had always had different styles. Carter, although she wasn't as girly as she wanted to be, wore girly things. She always wore skirts and dresses, along with a pair of deathly high heels.