CHAPTER SEVEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Seven
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

                  "Are you okay?"

Carter sighed at the question directed toward her, sitting alone in the warehouse, Stefan's phone pressed against her ear. "I miss you," she told the person on the other line, getting a light sigh in return. "I miss you too, baby. When are you ditching those losers and coming home?" Damon inquired, causing a smile to rise on her face. "I wish it was that easy. Rebekah strung all of us along on a shopping spree, Stefan ended up ditching us, and now they're all feeding off these poor girls. It's making me sick," she explained, her eyes drifting back to where Stefan sat, a dead girl sitting in his lap. The crimson stain on his mouth sent chills down Carter's spine, her eyes rolling.

"If you have one doubt in your pretty little mind, Carter, I will come get you. Okay? I will do anything for you." She bit down on her bottom lip, the pad of her thumb running against her teeth. "I told you once, I'm not leaving without Stefan. I'm getting him to come home, Damon," she told him with a sigh, chewing on the skin of her thumb. "I get it, okay? It's just.. It's been a year and a half since you died. I want to see you, and to, you know, love you." Her cheeks burned a bright pink at his words, a giggle fighting past her lips. "Are you sure that's all?" she pushed, causing him to laugh into the line. "You've gotten bolder," he commented with a slight hum. "Come home so I can really love you."

She bit down on her lip once again, hesitantly turning to see if anyone was listening. She noticed Stefan was gone, and Klaus rolling his eyes at Rebekah. "Oh, shit. He's gone," she mumbled. "I'll call you tonight if Stefan doesn't call Elena first. Hey, Damon?" He hummed in response. "I love you." She fought the sad feeling away, praying she wouldn't cry. "I know," he responded, "I love you, too." The line went dead, causing her to pout shortly after. "Who was that?" She leapt in shock, turning to see Rebekah standing there with her hands on her hips. She couldn't calm her speeding heart; not when the blonde Original in front of her could have possibly heard every word of her private conversation.