CHAPTER NINETEEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Nineteen
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                         "You look lovely, Carter," Klaus spoke. The strawberry blonde sat in the seat beside him, Damon on her other side. Elijah sat across from the girl, his eyes boring into her face. She cleared her throat, setting down her glass of wine. "Thank you, Klaus," she replied. Damon's fingers tightened around hers, his icy eyes glaring at the hybrid seated at the head of the table. "You lost your appetite." His words were directed to the vampire glaring at him, his plump lips quirking into a mischievous smirk. "Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." Klaus nodded his head. Carter grabbed her glass once more, tipping it back nervously.

"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? All of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?" Carter choked on the red liquid. It stained her skin momentarily, as Klaus dabbed a napkin against her lips. "Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier." Damon tore his eyes from the two, playfully winking at Elijah. "You alright, love?" Carter nodded, avoiding eye contact with the Original. He hummed in response, his eyes still locked on her now blushing face. "Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through." Stefan looked up from his brooding, staring at Klaus.

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her," he explained, his eyebrows drawn in confusion. "Stefan," the strawberry blonde hissed, glaring at the vampire. He rolled his eyes back at her just as Klaus began to speak once more. "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah." Elijah nodded curtly. Carter snuck a glimpse of the suited vampire, noticing his eyes focused on Damon. "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert." Sarcasm dripped from the raven haired vampire's words, his electric blue eyes rolling at his younger brother.