CHAPTER TWENTY

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Twenty
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                             "Oh, God. I thought I lost you," he sobbed. She stayed within his arms, her hands caressing his damp cheeks. She had never seen him so distraught. The way he held onto her, he was scared to let her go. He was scared that if he loosened his grip even in the slightest, she would slip away. He needed her. He needed her like he needed blood to survive. He needed her because she was his will. She was the one who spoke to him; who helped him through his tough times. When he felt he was pushing too far toward the deep end, she was the life jacket keeping him from sinking into the abyss of his animalistic instinct. "I'm here, baby," she cooed, her forehead resting against his.

His fingers curled into the fabric of her dress. He could have ripped it with how tight he held on. He needed to know it was all real. She was still alive after Klaus broke her neck in front of him. As his eyes peeled open and looked back at the fair skinned goddess comforting him, he couldn't help but feel guilty. Watching her gasp for breath, fear so evident in those striking green eyes of hers, he remembered the way she looked at him when he pinned her aunt in her kitchen. The way her eyes widened in shock, her long lashes wet with tears. His face scrunched up as he released her waist, smoothing his palms against her cheeks and her neck. "God, I am so sorry," he cried, electric blue eyes now red and puffy from crying.

She shushed him, her button-like nose bumping against his. He leaned into her touch, her breath hot against his damp cheeks. "Why are you sorry? I.. You shouldn't be sorry, I'm sorry," she whispered, her thumbs running along his face soothingly. His eyes flickered from hers to her sultry lips that he so desperately wanted to feel against his own. They sat in his bed, her kneeling so close to the other. He found his hands slipping away from her neck and back to her waist, easing her up and onto his lap. Her breath caught in her throat as his lips grazed her delicate jawline. His tear stains were cool against her skin, chilling to the touch. She found herself craving more; much more.