CHAPTER THIRTEEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Thirteen
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

        Carter moved through the living room, Damon's shirt hanging from her body. Her fiery hair fell in tangled curls down her back, her eyes rolling skyward. "So, let me get this straight. You left me stranded a whole day to go to a catacomb with a cousin of mine that I haven't even met yet?" she asked, her arms crossed over her chest. "And to think I wanted to have sex with you that night!" Damon's eyes widened, his hands eagerly grabbing at the pouting strawberry blonde. "Wait, wait, wait, wait," he cooed, pulling her body into his. "Can we get back to discussing the plan?" Stefan snapped, causing their eyes to involuntarily roll. Carter stepped away from Damon and toward Stefan and Elena. "We can still get jiggy with it," Damon teased, earning a very loud gag from the Gilbert girl.

"Really, Damon? 'Get jiggy with it'?" she questioned, her face turned sour. "Jesus Christ. The plan!" Stefan became exasperated, his brooding eyes staring holes into Carter's expressionless face. "Explain the damn plan, Salvatore," she groaned, pushing Damon's warm body away to focus. His bottom lip fell into a pout as she winked at him secretively. Or at least she thought it was pretty secretive. Stefan eyed the two before shaking his head. "We're going to trick Klaus into thinking his father is dead," he started, locking his fingers behind his back. "And how are we supposed to do that?" Elena asked, only to stop short when unsuspecting footsteps came into the room. Carter turned and her breath caught in her throat.

A face that resembled Rebekah stood before the four. His light skin was covered in scars, his face a natural stern expression. "That part is up to Stefan," he spat, Stefan's name resembling poison against his tongue. The younger Salvatore stood there with a blank expression, staring ahead at Mikael. "Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Mikael's expression changed only temporarily into pride, until Elena expressed her doubts. Being near the Original made Carter's blood run cold. She held onto Damon's hand so tight that she was surprised her fingers didn't break under the pressure. "And you what? Vervained him?" she asked.