CHAPTER ELEVEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Eleven
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

        Walking back into that school felt like hell to Carter. And not just because school is literally hell to sit through, but because just the other night, her blood stained the gym floor while Stefan ravenously tore at two fellow students' bodies. Carter held her books close to her chest, watching everyone's eyes fixate on her. "Wasn't she dead?" one girl whispered as she and her boyfriend walked past the strawberry blonde. "If she faked her death, that is so attention seeking." She blurred out the face and the words, walking straight to her locker. Damon had gotten her schedule and information, and was going to tell her mother everything. Maybe she wouldn't freak out as much with Damon. According to him, she absolutely loved him.

"Hey," someone spoke up, pushing their shoulder gently into Carter's. She glanced toward the stranger, spotting Matt's blonde hair. "Hey," she responded. He stopped in his tracks, pulling her into a warm hug. It felt nice to hug him. "I'm real glad you're back, Cee," he whispered, his arms tightening around her shoulders. "Senior year wouldn't be the same without you, you know?" She smiled up at him after he let her body go, pushing a loose strand of hair out of her face. "You did it without me once, Matty. I'm sure you would have been fine." His lips pressed into a tight grin, his palm running along her arm. "If you need anything, call me. Okay?" She nodded in response, waving as he left her side. "They had a huge memorial for that girl. How is she here?"

They were right. A large canvas of her class picture stood on an easel near the trophy cabinet. Flowers decorated the scene, with stuffed animals and more photos. She slowly approached the stand, spotting all of the pictures Jenna took of her and Elena whenever they would have a sleepover. There were pictures of Matt and her, also, looking happy together. His arm draped over her shoulder, him clad in his football jersey. There was also one of Bonnie and her, both with bed heads, laying in Elena's bed. That was when Bonnie showed the two she was a witch. Carter bit her lip, clutching her book tighter and tighter against her chest. The last photo she saw was of herself, Elena, and Stefan.