CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Twenty-Six
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

"Honestly, I should have banged Kol when I had the chance," Carter blurted out, followed by a small belch. "I mean, he seemed interested." Matt glanced over at the strawberry blonde in confusion. "He tried to kill me," he spoke with a small chuckle. Her eyes widened. She was grateful each time that hazy fog came over her head and the alcohol began kicking in, but it never lasted long. She knew that since Kaitlin and Matt were beginning to get piss drunk, she could just say what was on her mind and not have to worry about getting judgmental looks, even though that wasn't necessarily a problem to begin with. Carter ran her fingers through her tangled hair, retying the band slowly.

"We should play truth or drink," Tyler suggested with a devious smirk. Everyone rolled their eyes at the Lockwood boy. He always came up with games no one knew about, and always altered the rules to his own liking. "What the hell is that?" Matt asked with a grin on his lips. As far as anyone could tell, Matt was a happy drunk. Kaitlin, on the other hand, was wild. She smiled dangerously at Tyler, biting down on her bottom lip. Carter knew she may have had a thing for her cousin, but never would have believed it until now. "It's where someone asks you a question, and you can either answer it truthfully or drink. Its not that difficult to understand," he joked. Matt nodded his head slowly, rolling his eyes. "Fine then, I'm in. Carter?"

Her eyes darted toward the blonde beside her, curiously. "Sure, why not. Its not like half of us will remember anything tomorrow," she replied with a light shrug. Tyler cheered, and Kaitlin was quick to join in. "Okay, Matt first!" the Japanese girl exclaimed, giggling. "Ty, are you and Care still together?" The boy glared at his friend, reluctantly lifting the can to his lips. Carter's eyebrows shot up in surprise. Were the two fighting? Tyler swallowed the gulp before turning toward Kaitlin. "Why'd you stay in Mystic Falls after Carter died?" he interrogated curiously. Kaitlin's cheeks began to color, her dark eyes wide. "Oh, well. I didn't want to leave her mom alone, even though she would have been just fine. Damon took care of her–" She stopped talking, turning to face her best friend. "Sorry..."