CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Twenty-Seven
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

The door eased open, and Damon's eyes couldn't focus on the body moving inside. His blurred vision began to focus once he spotted those fiery curls shielding the harsh sunlight from his eyes. Her emerald eyes widened as they focused on Damon's broken appearance. The sunlight created a halo around her head, and he found himself smiling. "No, get out of here," he grumbled. She eased toward him with shaky hands, her eyes locked on his face. "I'm not leaving you, Damon," she whispered. He felt bliss as her palm smoothed across his bloodied face. "They'll kill you." She smiled at the vampire, her dimples deepening within her cheeks. "I'd like to see them try." Her eyes broke away from his, scanning the contraption restraining Damon. "What do I do?"

"Open them... carefully," he replied weakly. He watched as she stretched on her toes to reach the bear traps latched around his wrists. "This is inhumane," she mumbled with a disapproving frown. She fumbled with the trap until it eased open. His arm fell across her shoulder, and she helped support his weight. "I've got you," she whispered. Tears fell down his injured face. He knew she would come back for him. "I love you," he whimpered, ashamed of himself for breaking in front of her. She shushed him gently, fighting with the second trap. "I'm so sorry, Carter. I'm so sorry." She opened the second trap, groaning as his body fell against hers. "Why? You've done nothing wrong," she replied with a furrow in her brows.

She helped him hobble out of the room, and down the quiet hallway. "I did this to you. I ignored your feelings and made you into this because I was selfish." She fought through the room, his weight beginning to increase. "Damon, you're falling. Dam–" The two fell to the floor in the parlor with a loud thud. His eyes focused on her face, tears twinkling within them. She pushed herself onto her knees, turning toward Damon. "Hey, you can't do this, okay? Look at me. You've got to get up." She ran her fingers through his sweat soaked hair, her eyes filling with tears. "Don't be an idiot... Get out of here." She shook her head, grazing the pad of her thumb over his cheekbone. "I already told you that I am not leaving you. Either you get your ass up or I'm dying with you."