CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Thirty-One
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                         Carter, Damon and Stefan stood outside of Klaus' mansion. "We've got to think up a plan, and quick," Damon voiced, standing beside a blank staring Carter. Her eyes were focused on the dirt pile a few yards away. "I want to be the one to do it," she spoke, causing both boys to look toward her. "Hey, hey, hey." Damon pulled her off to the side. "Are you sure? Me and Stef can handle Klaus while you get her out." Carter looked up at Damon with a soft look. Her lips twitched into a small smile. "I think I can handle him. Please don't take this from me." Damon slowly nodded. He was working on letting her fight for herself. That was one of the things she felt as if she needed to prove, and Damon understood that. She could handle herself. "Okay. But if you need help—" She cut off his words with a swift kiss to the cheek.

"I won't need it." Her left eye dropped in a wink before she turned back to Stefan. "Let's kick some Original ass." Stefan chuckled. "I thought there would be more fight than that, considering who you were talking to." Damon rolled his eyes at his brother, crossing his arms over his chest. "Ha-ha. Hysterical," he replied sarcastically. "Well, when I've got my boys here to watch my back, he has no reason to argue," she voiced. Both Stefan and Damon grinned. "Your boys, huh?" Damon bit down on his bottom lip, his head hanging. He didn't want Carter to see the blood rushing to his cheeks. "I like that," Stefan added with a laugh. Carter was about to speak when a crash echoed from within the house. Her head snapped toward the sound, the air growing tense.

Stefan was the first to move, followed by the strawberry blonde, then Damon. Tyler had twisted Klaus' arm. A grin plastered on the girl's full lips as Stefan restrained the hybrid. She moved forward, catching Klaus' eyes. "Tell Satan I said hi, wouldja?" Her hand thrusted within his chest, clenching around his heart. Klaus' eyes widened at the contact. "Stef!" Damon shouted. Stefan caught Klaus' arm before he could grab Carter, pinning both limbs behind him. "You'll regret this," the hybrid hissed, glaring deadly at the strawberry blonde. She leaned forward, her lips hovering above his ear. "This is for my father." She backed away from the Original, her grip tightening around his heart. This powerful feeling coursed through her body, her mossy green eyes growing hard. Carter watched as his body slowly began to desiccate before her eyes.