CHAPTER SIX

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Six
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

                    "There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah exclaimed from her dressing room. Carter stood in her own, glancing down at the emerald dress Rebekah had claimed would compliment her eyes. It had a low v cut in the front, and stopped an inch above her knee. It was form fitted, squeezing every part of her body just right. "There's not," Klaus responded. "Come on out, girls." She heard Rebekah's curtain rip back, so she pulled hers back soon after. Rebekah's blue eyes drifted towards Carter with an envious gaze that sent electric shocks up the small girl's spine. She kept her gaze forward, fearful of the emotion behind Rebekah's. "So, women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She ripped her eyes from Carter's petite figure, noticing Klaus staring at her about the same time Carter noticed herself. "You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," he joked.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Carter held in a humorless laugh, fighting the urge to roll her green eyes. "It's dance music," she told the vampire, noticing the shocked look rise on her face. "People dance to this?" Stefan nodded his head, looking at the blonde with a bored look. "Are we done?" Klaus asked. He stood from his seat, eyes trailing Carter's body. "You should get the dress, love. It compliments your curves." Rebekah rolled her eyes at her brother. "And why are you so grumpy?" she asked him, crossing her arms over her chest. "I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it."

His hands had tightened into fists, causing the strawberry blonde's eyes to slightly widen. "I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for ninety years," she argued, fire spitting from her tongue. Her eyes flickered toward Stefan, her coral colored lips lifting upward at the sides. "I like it." The smile fell from her face as she stared at him. "What? I said I like it." Her eyes rolled skyward in annoyance. "I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." She looked to Carter, the envious look gone. "Come." With raised brows, Carter followed Rebekah once the vampire gripped her hand in her own, pulling the banshee toward her dressing room. "Nice one, good work," Klaus teased Stefan, earning a scoff. "You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her." For a moment, she thought she saw Rebekah smile. "I heard that!" she made known, picking up the fourth dress she had chosen.