CHAPTER EIGHT

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Eight
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

                                  Klaus shoved Carter forward, through the gym doors. His grip was tight around her arm, bruising her skin. "Please don't," she begged him, tears slipping down her rosy cheeks. His fingers slipped into her fallen down hair, pulling her head back so her neck was visible. Her whole body tensed as he eased forward, his nose brushing her throat. He drew in a deep breath, pillowy lips grazing the skin. A gasp slipped past her lips at the feeling of his warm breath ghosting against her throat. "I do enjoy your begging, love," he almost groaned at the scent of her blood, his eyebrows furrowed, "but you're not getting out of this," he whispered against her skin. He shoved her in front of a pair of double doors, her body colliding into them, opening them wide. She fell to her knees, catching the doors before they shut on her.

Elena stood there, eyes buldging in surprise. "Car–Carter?" she stuttered, her hand raising to touch her lips. Carter glanced up toward Elena, her auburn hair falling into her face. Her lips were parted as heavy breaths slipped past them. "Run," she muttered as loud as she could. A hand appeared on her shoulder, squeezing tightly. Carter grimaced at the discomfort before feeling her body fall away. Her side hit the wood with a thud, her head bouncing. "There's my girl," Klaus exclaimed with his signature smirk, taking in Elena's appearance appreciatively. Carter felt her head start to pound as she tried to sit up. Elena gasped in shock, "Klaus!" As she turned to run, Klaus was already in front of her. "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Carter hesitantly stood, only for Klaus to seize her own arm once more and Elena's, marching the two teens through the school hallways. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing," Klaus explained in his charismatic tone, darkness underlining with a luring feat. Just the sound could elicit a string of chills that left you wanting more.