CHAPTER FOURTEEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Fourteen
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                         "Its good to see you, Carter," Matt spoke softly, his hands trembling at his sides. "You too, Matt," she responded. He downed his drink before pulling her slowly into him. One hand rested against the small of her back while the other took her hand. "This is a real shit show, you know? I thought tonight was going to be the one night everyone gets to be normal." She could see the sadness behind his dull blue eyes. After Vicki, he changed a lot. And then she died, taking away one of his few confidants. "I'm so sorry, Matty," she whispered, resting her cheek against his shoulder. It was nice to rock like this with him. He had been so distant – no, she had been so distant. "Where's Damon tonight? Wasn't he supposed to accompany you?" he questioned softly. She merely shrugged her shoulders before spotting Klaus speaking with Elena.

Matt spun at the wrong time, injuring her point of view. By the time she could see her again, he was gone. "Excuse me, human. May I steal her away?" Carter turned quickly to see the hybrid himself, smiling down at her. "No, thank you," she responded before Matt could. "Ah, I sure did miss your spunk," he hummed. "Pardon us." He jerked Carter away by her arm, a yelp escaping past her rose colored lips. "Hey!" she snarled, only to be hushed. The front entrance opened, but it was drowned out by the sound of high school boys whooping and hollering. "What do you want, Klaus?" she spat angrily. His free hand came up to caress her face. "Getting a few steps ahead."

He pulled the girl closer into him, his nose running along her throat. The smell of her blood enticed the hybrid. She gasped in pain as he punctured her shoulder, the taste of her blood dancing on his tongue. People passed, their eyes adverting from the scene too quickly. She felt herself lose consciousness, yet she fought against him until her breathing became rigid. "You know," he began after pulling back from my neck. His mouth was smeared with her blood, the warm liquid trickling down her skin. "I talked to a witch about you." She narrowed her eyes at him, struggling to rip her arm free. "You could be powerful, you know. If someone taught you, you could destroy anything."

His grip tightened as he brought his face closer to hers. He was so close, she could smell her own blood on his lips. "You're a threat, love." His words echoed in her head as he tossed her to the side like a rag doll. "Watch her, mate. I'm about to have some fun," Klaus spoke, joining a group of boys at a table. Cups of beer were lined in a triangle on each ends, and ping pongs were bouncing everywhere. She didn't know how long she sat there, a tight set of hands holding her to her spot as she breathed heavily in anger. "You have a visitor," a female hybrid told Klaus. He tossed the ping pong ball right into the red cup. "Well, tell my visitor I'm on the brink of victory here," he responded, aiming the ball at the last cup standing. "He said his name is Mikael."

Disappointment washed over his features, yet he still scored the ball into the cup. He took a large gulp of his beer before turning back to his minion. "Then we mustn't keep him waiting. Move everyone out back. I'm gonna have a little chat with my dad. Tony, you know what to do." Tony began to move, his hands latched onto Carter tightly. "Wait... Wait! Klaus!" she shouted after him, fighting against the very strong hybrid. Klaus ignored her as he moved toward the front of the mansion. "Let go! Let go of me!" She began to feel that anger grow within her stomach, and fear tapped away at her already speeding heart.

"I said let go!" As she screamed, she felt the hands slip off of her body, and watched as his body flew five feet away. Her eyes widened in shock at her actions, but she couldn't let herself stay there. She went to run, but another hybrid beat her to the stairs. This was the time to use Damon's tricks. She allowed the hybrid to back her up until she spotted a close wooden chair. In a dash, she grabbed the leg and slammed her foot against the joint keeping it connected. "Aw, honey. Bring it," she snarled. Her hands were fast. She was fast. Carter blocked each claw extended towards her until she nicked her shoulder. Carter gasped out in pain, but threw the arm holding the stake at her face.

The fighting was intense, and was brutal. Carter jumped onto the table and leapt onto the hybrid's back, knocking her to the floor. Her free arm wrapped around her throat, and she successfully penetrated the stake between her ribs and into her heart. After her body fell limp, She dashed for the stairs, and made it just in time to see Damon press his finger to his lips. Elena lay flat on the ground, the dagger in Mikael's hand covered in her blood. Damon rushed up behind Klaus and swung him around, piercing a white dagger into his stomach.

Outside, Elena rose. Carter glanced at her face, seeing none other than the doppelgänger who had killed her. "Katherine..." She smiled at Mikael, pulling out two wolfsbane grenades. "Boom." A large wind pushed past the strawberry blonde, adverting her eyes from the explosion harming the hybrids. Stefan was on top of Damon, freeing Klaus. "Stefan, no!" Carter shouted, watching Damon struggle against his stronger brother. "What are you doing!?" he asked in complete shock. Klaus takes the stake, but Carter's adrenaline keeps pumping. She ran over, grabbing Klaus by the arm. "Don't do this," she warned him. His eyes flashed that flaming ember before he threw the strawberry blonde back into the wall.

She let out a small groan, hearing Damon shout her name. Klaus jumped at his father and drove the stake right through his heart. She sat there in complete shock as Mikael's body went up in flames, and he died for good. "What the hell did you do?" Damon asked his brother once Stefan had released him from his grip. "He's earned his freedom." Stefan stood, glancing back at the banshee, then at Klaus. She wanted to punch him in the face, but a little part of her was happy he was free. Now everything could go back to normal. Right?

────── {.⋅ ⋅.} ──────

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

I know this chapter is short. This episode
wasn't my favorite and its kind of hard
to write Carter in, I suppose.

Look at Carter being a badass, though!
And we all know she and Damon
went home and she reassured
him that his plan was brilliant.
They really are goals, tbh.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!