CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Thirty-Two
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

          "Meredith said she was okay. Don't stress yourself out too much, Jer," Carter spoke gently. She held onto Jeremy's arm as the two sat in the hospital. Jeremy's phone was ringing, awaiting Damon's answer. "I know, its just—" His attention peaked when Damon's voice rung through the speaker. "What?" Carter rested her head against the younger Gilbert's shoulder, her fingers rubbing soft circles into his bicep. "Damon. Elena collapsed. Me and Carter took her to the hospital," he explained, pressing the phone to his ear. "You did what?" Damon's voice sounded angry. "I took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911," Jeremy replied sassily. Carter raised her head, looking at the boy. "Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!" Damon exclaimed.

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Elena dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there," Stefan chimed in. Carter signaled Jeremy to give her the phone, but the boy shook his head. "Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation." Damon scoffed. "Let me see the phone!" Carter whispered, pushing the boy's shoulder. "Jeremy, get Elena home, we're on our way." Before Jeremy could reply, Damon hung up the phone. "Call Caroline." Carter nodded before pulling her phone from the purse hanging around her body. She dialed the familiar number before pressing the device to her ear. She listened to the ring until Caroline's cheery voice answered. "Hey, Cee!" she chirped. Carter couldn't contain the smile that crawled over her face. "Care, I need your help," she started.

"What's going on?" Caroline questioned, the cheeriness in her voice now gone. "Elena's in the hospital. We need help getting her out without being spotted." — "On it. I'll be there, ASAP." Caroline hung up the phone and Carter turned to face Jeremy. "She's on her way. She'll be here as soon as she can," she told the boy, running her hand over his shoulder. Jeremy looked around them, unsure of what to do. His sister was hurting and she couldn't even receive the help she needed, all because of Klaus. He dropped his head in his hands, alerting Carter of his feelings. "Hey," she whispered. Her palm ran along the back of his hand before pulling his face up to meet hers. "She's going to be okay, Jer. The most we can do for her now is make sure she's safe." His eyes searched hers for any uncertainty. He didn't find one.