CHAPTER NINE

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Nine
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

              Klaus ripped Stefan from a very shocked Carter, his eyes flaring ember in warning. Her deep green eyes were wide, swirling with surprise and fear. She rubbed at her very sore neck and grimaced at the sticky substance staining her fair skin. "Don't touch her," he spat angrily at the new Ripper. "She's valuable." What he had meant by that, Carter had no idea. Despite her attempt to save Dana, Stefan got to her anyway. His teeth mauled the side of her neck, his arms constricting her against him. She fought against him until her body fell limp, her last breath coming out like a mere sigh. The sight was hard to watch. Carter had seen plenty of death in her lifetime– Hell, the past two years of her life!– and it never got easier.

"It's always nice to see a vampire in his true element. The species has become such a broody lot," Klaus stated with a smug grin. Elena, who sat a few feet away from Carter looked to him in disgust. "No," she argued, "You did this to him." Klaus raised a menacing brow, his full lips still pressed in that smug smirk. Carter could practically feel herself slapping him across the face in her mind. "I invited him to the party, love. He's the one dancing on the table." She bit her tongue, looking to Elena. Her gaze was still cold, her eyes quickly escaping hers. She pulled her hand from her wound, her lips falling into a frown at the crimson liquid staining her fingers and clothes. If only Damon were there...

"Where is it?! Where's my necklace?" Rebekah screamed, slamming the double doors open with such power, Carter thought they would crack the wall. She rushed to Elena, the whites of her eyes painting that deadly red. "What are you talking about?" Klaus asked his sister, who flashed her fangs intimidatingly. Carter pushed to her feet, watching Elena stand also. "She has my necklace. Look." Rebekah tossed Klaus the phone, which he caught with ease. He looked at the photo of Stefan and Elena from recently, raising his eyebrows in mock surprise. "Well, well. More lies," he tutted, slapping his hands together in a sharp clap. "Where...is it?" Rebekah asked once more, her tone sharp and deadly. "I don't have it anymore–"