CHAPTER THREE

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Three
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

   "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked Stefan, his grip tight on her wrist. He had been pulling her around like his little toy the whole day. Stefan rolled his eyes, the burly werewolf thrown across his shoulders. "I'm fine," he replied blandly. "You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..." Although Klaus was being rather sweet and considerate, the only thoughts running through her head was how annoying his accent was becoming. "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan was obviously getting annoyed as well, causing Carter's lungs to push out a gust of air. "I could use a sit-down. I am human, after all."

Stefan chuckled. "You're something, but you're not human." Her eyes narrowed in a playful glare, feeling the Hybrid's fingers tighten against her wrist. "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." She wanted to tune the two bickering immortals out. She wanted to think about Damon, and Elena, and how they were. She caused everyone a great deal of pain, they deserved to know she was alive. "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." She looked toward the mountain tops, sighing softly. All she could think about was Damon. She missed him more than anything, but how could she get away? She wasn't faster than either of them, nor stealthier. If anything, she'd be on her way out and trip over her own foot.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There." Suddenly Carter was pulled to a stop. In front of the four was a camp. People obviously resided there, their soft chatters filling the air like music. It was calm. Until Stefan began moving to the center of the camp, throwing Ray's body hard onto the ground. Everyone around them gasped, a woman diving toward the werewolf with a fearful expression. "There's too many of them, Klaus. They could rip us apart," she whispered, causing him to smirk. "Follow my lead, love. And remember: they can smell fear." His plump lips formed in a devious smirk as he teased the poor girl, causing her forest green eyes to narrow in a hard glare. "Screw you."