CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Eighteen
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

The forest area was silent except for Toby and Carter's heavy footsteps. "I heard about you triggering the curse," Toby spoke, his hands buried deep within his jacket pockets. Carter glanced to him in surprise. "Elena... We text." Her eyebrows raised playfully, her lips curling into a smirk. "Really?" His tanned cheeks dusted pink as he blushed, ignoring the coos slipping past the strawberry blonde's lips. "What are we doing here, anyway?" she questioned, her hair flittering behind her. She scanned the clearing, the sunlight warm against her skin. "I thought that since your cousin isn't helping you, why don't I?" Her eyes met his as he smiled. He slowly unzipped his jacket, revealing a maroon colored tank top that stuck to him like a second skin. "Toby, I'm in a skirt and heels," she commented with a chuckle, but he didn't seem to care.

"What if, I don't know, someone... attacks you!" He was quick to wrap his arms around her torso, trapping her arms within his grasp. "Okay, T. Let go," she warned, but he refused. His warm breath hit against her neck, anger carefully pumping through her veins. Her eyes began to glow as a growl rumbling from deep within her throat. "What are you going to do, huh?" She threw her head back, colliding with Toby's nose. He stumbled backward as she whirled around, kicking her leg up in a high kick. He gripped the appendage, twisting it, and she let out a sharp gas. Her head ducked as she went into a roll, landing onto her feet. "Come on!" he shouted, lifting his hands into defense. "This is crazy!" She slowly stood, staring at the boy in front of her. "I can't fight you!"

He threw his fist toward her face, and she caught it, slinging him away from herself. He landed hard onto the ground. "Really?" he questioned, jumping to his feet. "I think you can." She let out a furious groan, staring angrily at the Latino boy. His lips curved into a smirk as he flashed his ember eyes. He ran at her, tackling her small frame to the ground. He was quick to raise his extended claws, but gasped when her fist came into contact with his throat. "Oh, my God!" she gasped, holding back a laugh. He gagged, kneeling in the leaves beside her. "I'm... I'm sorry." Her laughter began to bubble, her lips formed into a wide smile. He glared at the girl, still grasping his throat. "That was a low blow," he groaned, sitting back on his knees. Her laughter echoed within the distance, tears forming behind her eyes. "I'm sorry!"