CHAPTER FIVE

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Five
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                      ˚ ˚

   "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus stated with charm, his plump lips pulled into a smirk. Carter kept her head down, with her eyes looking up out the window. She had laid down in the backseat for the whole ride, tears staining her face and arm. "What are we doing here?" Stefan asked with boredom, refusing to look at Klaus. "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" She hesitantly sat up, her eyebrows furrowed. "Ripper days?" she asked. Stefan sighed, his arms crossed tightly over his chest. "A ripper is a vampire that enjoys mutilating his victims, love. Stefan, here, was the most horrendous ripper I've seen in my thousand years of existing." Klaus wore that proud smirk that she so desperately wanted to knock off with her fist.

Upon glancing in the rearview mirror, Klaus noticed the red tint staining around her puffy eyes. Her nose glistened with remnants of tears and snot. She was breathing through her mouth, her nose stopped up from crying too long. "Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." She could tell Stefan felt uncomfortable with the mention of his past. Who wouldn't be? "Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Let's go." Klaus had parked the car and jumped out with much enthusiasm. Stefan glanced back at sniffling mess in the backseat before rolling his eyes, leaving the car after him. Carter let out a loud groan, crawling out of the backseat, following after them.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus explained. She jogged up to the two, looping her arm with Stefan's. "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Klaus was still smirking, knowing he was pushing Stefan's buttons. She used to be like that when it was the two of them with Elena, who she hadn't contacted since her death. She squeezed Stefan's forearm, shaking the thought from her head. In time, Carter. "Going to get down to business, then?" Stefan rolled his eyes without dismay. "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Klaus shook his head without a response. A few feet in front of the trio, Carter could see a man opening the door to a bar.