CHAPTER THIRTY

╔═══════════════╗
Sempiternal
Chapter Thirty
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚ ゜゚**゚

                      ˚ ˚

                    After the eventful night at the dance, Carter wasn't fully surprised when she got a call from the youngest Gilbert requesting her presence at their house. So, she threw on clothes and her boots before making her way over there. She was shocked, though, upon hearing Klaus' angered voice in the front yard. Deciding it was the best thing to do, Carter makes her way around back and slips in through the back door. As she rounds the kitchen, she's met with a soccer ball flying through the front door. Klaus stood outside the threshold with a makeshift stake, throwing it toward Damon. The raven haired vampire ducked just in time, the pointed wood sticking in the wall. Jeremy was the first to spot the strawberry blonde, pulling her down with him, Bonnie, and Stefan.

"Missed me!" Damon teased. "What are you doing here?" Stefan asked Carter, who still wore a confused expression across her face. "Jer called. Something about painting?" Jeremy's cheeks heated up as he blushed, his head shaking. Damon pulled the picket out of the wall and threw it back through the door and at Klaus. The wood barely grazed the hybrid's shoulder. "Damon!" Carter snapped. Her voice attracted the vampire's attention, and he smiled, but the picture frame near him breaking withdrew his attention from the girl back to Klaus. "Missed me again!" he shouted, his eyebrows furrowed. Klaus aimed the last picket into the house when Stefan's phone began to ring. He answered with a frown.

"Alaric." Carter looked to Stefan. Alaric had died last night, they had all thought. She peered over the back of the sofa to see Klaus standing at the bottom of the porch with a propane tank and a torch made of newspaper. "Oh, no. Put it out," she warned the hybrid, standing to her full height now. "Yeah, you heard the lady. You're being rude," Damon chimed in, glaring at the hybrid. "Come outside and make me," Klaus replied, mainly directing his words toward Damon. Stefan stood, moving toward the front door. "Elena's not here. Alaric has her and Caroline and he's gonna kill them both unless you turn yourself over to him," he explained. With a frown, Klaus threw down the newspaper and dropped the propane tank. "Now, I know you're not asking me to walk into a certain death."