Chapter 9

Chapter 9: A Squad?

_____

"Mystery is at the heart of creativity. That, and surprise.
-- Julia Cameron
_____

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

Umagang-umaga, ay kinuha ko pa ang ibang vinyl records na nasa bahay namin para ibigay kay Don Kael. He was thankful for it. His smile was enough for a thank you from him. After visiting his mansion, I went straight to school. The atmosphere was happy, very light. I can hear laughter, loud voices and even soft giggles from students I pass by.

I couldn't smile. I don't even remember the last time I did.

I did, but I can never tell that it's real. That it defines happiness.

As I walk my way to the Seniors building, I can see some students staring at me. I think it's because of my beanie. Or just me. I never bothered it, and just went to the third floor where my room is located.

From a distance from the room, I can see Paul Trevor with his friends. They were laughing and talking about stuff. Jayvee, the transferee I met was talking to Gregor, the guy who had a curly hair, while the girl wearing a baseball cap, Kylie was laughing along with Paul Trevor. His right arm was slinged onto Rhianne's neck.

Rhianne... the bestfriend of Paul Trevor.

They were all standing near the archway of the room.

I guess they'll notice me then. Wala akong magagawa.

"Hey, Exellor!" and I was right. Jayvee greeted me, so all his friends, including him, had their eyes on me. I can't just waltz in, and enter the classroom.

I gave Jayvee a slight nod.

"Hi, Exellor." Paul Trevor also greeted. He was smiling from ear-to-ear. Greg suddenly took my hands, and handshaked me.

"WOW, IT'S NICE TO MEET YOU DESTINY!"

Destiny?

"Uh, Destiny?"

"A-AAAH, SORRY! ESTE EXELLENT PALA, AY EXELLOR! HEHE" Greg excused, while glancing at Paul Trevor, who I noticed, was biting his bottom lip hard while looking at Greg sympatetically. His cheeks were turning red too.

He must be embarrased about his friends... or...

"Pleasure to meet you, bruh." Kylie greeted. She went close to me, but she never offered a hand. She just looked at me. Looks like she's expecting me to... do something.

Her attitude's different from all of them, and she's kind off 'boyish', so I can conclude that she isn't into handshakes. She also speaks 'bruh' a lot.

So, instead of an open hand, I closed my fist, and offered it. I urged her to do a firstbump by raising a brow.

Her lips turned into a smile. And surprise was on her face.

"Fudge, alam mo mag-fistbump bruuuh!" she just fistbumped me, and told Jayvee and Gregorio. They just laughed along with her.

My eyes went on Paul Trevor again, and it went on Rhianne, who had a menacing stare at me. I sense anger within it. Even though her face looks angelic, her stare was cannibal. We stared at each other for 3 seconds. I wondered why Paul Trevor never noticed.

I immediately turned around, hoping to enter the classroom. I did succesfully, and sat at the farthest seat from the board.

***