Chapter 14

Chapter 14 : Jayvee Matthew Guevarra 

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

From: Unknown Number
Pwede ba tayong magkita ngayon?

I looked carefully on that text. Wondering who might have texted that to me. I'm betting on one person who's always on my tail. Paul Trevor.

I saw how he watched me sang 'Tadhana' in front of everybody at the theater room. I don't even know why I chose that song, it just... came on impulse. I remembered how his mouth opened when I sang the first verse of the song. I never thought I'll join and audition to the club. Singing isn't my thing, but Don Kael told me that I should sing, because I have a beautiful voice.

How can someone's voice be beautiful if her thoughts are deadly as knives?

To: Unknown Number

Sure.

I waited for several minutes outside Don Kael's fields, near the open fence where I enter the premises, since the gate is on the other side of the road. I received another text from the same number.

From: Unknown Number
Where are you at?

To: Unknown Number
Usual spot.

I sighed, looking at the clear, blue sky. It was perfect. The color, the fluffy clouds, and the sun as the main source of light. Since I got here at around 3:40, the orange flares from the sky are already there. Suddenly, my small wound on my bottom lip near my right cheek, felt like burning.

It hurts. I wish I had dodged that.

I tasted blood when I licked my lips. Immediately taking my handkerchief from my pocket, I turned around and tried to wipe the blood off...

"Hey, Exellor."

I stopped. The voice, it wasn't his. I turned around, and I was right.

"Oh... Jayvee." I greet lowly, continously wiping the blood of my bottom lip. I was abruptly stopped when he touched my chin, and looked at the wound.

"What happened to your lip?"

"It's wounded."

He chuckled lightly. "Tama nga si Trev."

My eyes widen at that. Have he told his friends that he's with me after class, every after class?

"Masyado kang pilosopo." he joked.

"Why do you know that I am exactly here waiting??" I asked him. There wasn't any hint of curiousness on any parts of his face, but only a smile that tells me he's really happy today. His eyes moved from mine to scan Don Kael's field behind me.

"Trev just told me the directions. Actually, I don't know why you're here.."

Then, I remembered the texts he sent me. My number's too private to be shared on anyone, only Jamiel, Chris, Don Kael and.. Dad have my number but how did he got mine? Paul Trevor? Impossible. I needed the logic to see what's what. Retrace the steps, weight and remove possibilities.

So, Jamiel and Chris are the only people that are capable of doing it, since they're inside school grounds. At that vacant time, I joined the Glee Club, meanwhile, Jamiel went to the IT club, and Chris joined the tryouts for the football team. Jayvee's never close to Jamiel and she told me that she really wanted to talk to him 'cause she got this little crush on him. Chris... who joined the football club. He gave it.