Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Excuses

"E-Exellor??"

And just like that, his tight hold on my collar loosened, falling slowly, as his eyes widen at the sight of Rhianne, who had the same expression as him. I was catching my breath. What he did to me, surprisingly took my breath. I felt like running from a 1000 km fun run. My heart beats were fast. I had deep breaths, which he heard that made his eyes return to me. Somehow, my eyes went to my hands.
"A-Anong ginagawa niyo rito?" She asked curiously, looking around the classroom.

"Uhh...Rhianne..." Paul Trevor tried to find something to reason out. It's obvious.

"He was angry at me." I answered for him, and looked at Rhianne, whose expression never changed, meanwhile Paul Trevor's eyes widen at me. I even saw how his mouth opened wanting to say something, but nothing came out.

"Umm..." Rhianne awkwadly started. "Pwede bang malaman... bakit?"

Long silence conquered the seconds where my eyes went to Rhianne's brown ones. She's beautiful. She resembled Aphrodite in this school. She was the 'it' girl, as other girls pointed out that I always overhear. Her eyes were trying to swim into mine, but I hope she can get deeper behind my ocean of mystery. She was standing near us, and looking like a frozen statue. I felt something to that look that I didn't want to happen.

"He's forcing me to go to the band's gig this Friday but I don't want to." I say straightforwardly, wearing my backpack. She slowly walked towards us.

"Trev? Why are you forcing her?"

But even before I saw his hand to stop me, I got out of the room, hoping to not hear them two talk anymore.

[PAUL TREVOR'S POV]

"Umm... pwede bang malaman... bakit?"

Rhianne's presence shocked me. Almost entirely my whole existence. I don't want her to know the thing between me and Exellor. Luckily, Gregor isn't spilling the destiny thing to her 'cause I know she might get suspiscious around her. When I talk to girls, she was very protective to me, doing everything she can just to see if I'm doing something that should bother us both.

But this scene is different. Exellor is different from all the other girls I talk to. She isn't the typical one.

My eyes went back and forth on the two, seeing a shocked, curious eyes from Rhianne, while Exellor still had the emotionless face, but noticed she was breathing deeply.

"He's forcing me to go to the band's gig this Friday but I don't want to." Exellor answered, looking at her as he wore her backpack on her back. I saw Rhianne walked towards me. I don't know what came to me, but my hands went to grab Exellors'... but she went away too fast. My eyes still was on hers. When she was gone, everything that I felt got mixed up.

Nawala ang kaninang galit ko, na napalitan ng pagtataka, pagkalito, at kaba. Parang sasabog ang ulo ko dahil sa mga nangyari. Napakapa naman ako sa noo ko, at hindi talaga makapaniwala sa mga naiisip at nararamdaman. What is wrong with me?

"Trev."

"H-Ha?"

I just realized that she's holding both of my arms, looking at me. Nakalma naman ako and looked at her. I can see her eyes moving, scanning mine, as her lips were slightly parted.