Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Invite For Dinner

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

Shuta! Nahule rin sila!” Jamiel happily announced, despite the seering pain from a stab on her right arm.

“We did great, guys!” Chris comments too, smiling widely as we enter school.

“Hmpt! Ikaw naman Chris, masyadong gagad?!” - Jamiel

“What did I do?” he asked, full of confusion.

“Nagmamadali ka! Biruin mo nasa second floor na siya samantalang mga kasama niya, wala pa man sa parking lot!”

“Kesa naman mahuli, right, Exellor?”

“He's captured already. That's what matters.” I say, making them both nod.

Still, I can't forget the action last night. Gary was a headache. We got easily in the second floor, but had a hard time when he showed up, bringing a shotgun with him. He's a careless man though, just full of air inside his head... Chris tackled him when he wasn't armed. Jamiel helped him next 'till some guy tried to kill Chris for real with a combat knife, while Gary was down. Fortunately and unfortunately, Jamiel takes the hit, and suffers a wound on her right arm. I knocked down the guy quickly, helping them two in the process.

I'm sure Gary can't remember me, 'cause I won't let him.

Even if we already had our sleep, we had to admit that we're still tired from the fight that lasted for 3 hours. And it's harder since, they have guns, and we don't. Even if we're linked with the police, we can't use guns but required to wear armor, such as their vests.

I entered the room, surprised, when Kylie gives me a hug. What in the world?

“BRO! It's so good you're back!”

“I enter class everyday.”

“Tsh! Ikaw talaga! Hindi ba pwedeng hindi kita ma-miss?” she asked, and pout her lips. “Anyways, nag-alala lang kasi ako sa'yo nung bigla na lang nagalit si Rhianne sa'yo. Ang daming sinabi e...”

“I know.” I answer, and sat beside Jamiel. But even before I can take a glance at Paul, I heard Rhianne from my back.

“Aren't you scared of... lying, Exellor? Lying to... Trevor?” Rhianne innocently asked, as if she's somewhat a curious friend.

“He knows.”

“Pero nasasaktan iyan deep inside. You know him... medyo emotional...” she whispered, while we both stare at him talking to Kylie and Greg.

“... That's why I'll tell him everything.”

“Tell him what you are? You really have the guts, do you? Hindi naman niya alam kung anong nasa birth certificate mo... Sinungaling na... manggagamit pa...” her voice turned into a hiss, and even wthout looking, I can feel the cold aura she has as of today. I only let out a bitter chuckle.

“Why? You don't want to believe the papers?”

“They're easily tampered.”