Chapter 30

Chapter 30: As The Clock Strucks 10

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

Opening the big, rectangular box, in it, is a silver strapless dress. I'm not fond of wearing dresses so that's the only thing that I could describe from it.

No one had ever given me a dress. Now, there is... him.

He must have thought that I don't have a dress? Or no?

One of these days, or hours specifically, I liked talking to my mind. Asking it to make decisions. If everybody thinks thats weird enough, how about Paul... liking me all of a sudden? Is that even possible?

Am I assuming? Is he deceiving me? If he does, why? Does he have an intention? Or is it just real? Am I just scared? How about his eyes? His smile? Why those things contradict everything that I doubt about him?

Is it really love? Or a silly crush?

Even if all of that are unaswered, I just can't get them off my head. I really want answers from it. And now, receiving the dress, his words remained intact within me: … the first step to that is to trust yourself. Kung palagi nalang tayong magtatago, walang mangyayari sa buhay. If you have the chance, take it. I want you to be comfortable with me. Gusto ko pagdating natin sa ball, we'll enjoy our time. I want you there to be comfortable with your looks and feelings.

I quickly went to my closet, rummaged through some clothes, and found a white dress that looked classy. I haven't worn it since the day Don Kael bought it for me. It was the day of Jacob's wedding anniversary.

“Hala? Saan ang punta mo hija?” Don Kael asked when he saw me leaving, wearing the dress that I chose. The white one.

“Sa school po. Foundation Day.”

“Ah, kaya pala nagpadala sa'yo ng damit. Bakit hindi mo sinuot iyon?”

“I'm not comfortable with it, but I'll keep it. Pakitago na lang rin po ito...” I said, and lend my beanie to him. The look of concern is evident from his eyes. His mouth opened, glancing to the beanie and me.

“E-Eh h-hindi ka komportable kapag hindi mo suot iyan hindi ba?”

Before, I wasn't. But when he came along, I changed my mind. Funny how a single person can change you. On how you think about things, how you define and how you see the world. Telling me that he had feelings for me did nothing, but his actions somehow managed to make me believe.

Before leaving, I checked my phone for messages.

Jamiel
Uy gurl nasan ka na? Nandito na'ko sa party.

Kylie
Bruh I'll see you at the parteh.

Paul
See you later, beanie girl.

Beanie girl... of course.

I tried to wake myself up, remembering I'm already in front of the school gates. It sooned opened automatically, welcoming students and guests. I blended with the people around, but some eyes are already glued to me. I started walking towards the guy who's wearing a suit, paired with a gray necktie.