Chapter 40

Chapter 40: Unspoken Wisdom

[EXELLOR ONEIRO'S POV]

“Wow? Nagbabasa ka ng college-level books?” Kylie suddenly asked, her head turning to me. She woke up from her sleep, and after the 30 minutes of travel, she's the one the woke up first, from the other two girls.

I nodded as an answer and continued reading. Even if I wanted to sleep, I couldn't. I'm vert bothered by thoughts, and sleeping isn't gonna help. Well, it does, but for this time, it will not help me.

“Uy... Nakahiga na sa balikat mo si Rhianne...” Kylie whispered to me, making me look at Rhianne's sleeping figure, her head resting on my shoulder, with her eyes closed, and earphones plugged in her ears.

“Just let her.”

“Hmm... Buti na lang hindi ka mukhang iritado kay Rhianne. I mean halos ipahiya ka niya sa buong Florentin tapos wala ka man lang gagawin? Diyos ko, nung wala ka pa, dinaig niya ang nanay niya sa kasungitan!”

I return my eyes to Kylie. “Is that why you dislike her?”

“Oo... parang ganoon. Pero hindi ko sinasabing... ayaw ko sa bilang tao, I mean, bakit ko siya kinaibigan, duhh...” she rolled her eyes before continuing, “... pero nung mas lalo silang maging close ni Trev, bigla na lang siyang naging ibang tao. At ngayon na nalaman namin na... k-kapatid mo siya eh... lalo akong nalito.”

“Rhianne didn't know any of it. Only... Rayanne knew and me. She asked me to keep it a secret but... I just can't anymore. She deserved the truth anyway...”

I looked away from Kylie, trying to supress the heavy feeling in my chest. The ride became silent again, for I felt Kylie's guilt that she has to confess. I really don't mind. But... silence is better. Then, I noticed the other piece of Rhianne's earphone already falling off her face. I slowly took it and... tried to listen.

Hmm... By the famliar tune of the piano instrumentals... and the gloomy emotion it gives... it's Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2? She likes classical music.

No wonder, she really is the daughter of Rayanne.

***

“Nako girls! Musta trip niyo?!” Greg greeted us with a wide smile. Behind him are the others who are getting their baggages from the back. “So, nagkwentuhan ba kayo? You know, the girly stuff!”

“Alam mo Greg, mas maingay ka pa sa makina ng sasakyan namin.” Kylie, comments, which made Rhianne giggle. “Hindi kami nagkwentuhan, tuleg! Natulog lang kami!”

Greg was taken back, surprise evident on his eyes. “Seryoso?!”

“GREG! TULONG NAMAN DITO SA BAGAHE MO! ANG BIGAT! ANO BANG MGA DINALA MO?!!” I heard Paul's voice.

Greg sarcastically rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms on his chest, “Siguro naman bro hindi ko dadalin yung buong lamesa namin!”

All of us laugh as their bickering continued, 'till we decided to rent rooms at the hotel Jayvee was talking about. He already reserved the rooms before the field trip since his parents volunteered to do it for he can enjoy, as long as he had to keep the bodyguards with him for Kylie's safety, and anyone else. After consulting the reception for the rooms, the helpers guided us to the second floor.