Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Concerned Citizen?!

Exellor Oneiro's POV

Standing in front of the Guevarra's residence, I felt like I'm in front of the White House. Yes, the building where the president stays. The one at Washington, B.C. That big of a mansion, looks similarly to that building. Their house rather 'mansion' was in a subdivision. Suposedly, houses in a subdivision are lookalike, but somehow, in this situation, only their home were different from any other houses.

I had to spend 8 pesos just to get a ride from a jeep to their subdivision 'cause I'll decide to walk from my place to theirs, it would take 2 hours. It is that far, so they had to drive cars just to go to school.

Pushing the little button beside a screen on the right side of the gate, rings their doorbell. I also noticed how tall their gate was, taller than a 6-footer, I guess.

I remember last night. How Paul texted me to go at Guevarra's place for practice.

I was awake. In fact, I was awaken by him. Not only because of his text, because of him.

Because of him, present in my dream.

I was sitting on a grassland at night. The stars twinkled so brightly, enough to compliment the moon's glow at that night. I looked on it, it a tear falling down my cheeks. I felt something heavy inside me. Pain. Grief. I felt grief and sadness wash over me, like my shadow conquering me all over again. I was alone. My hands were on the grass, feeling the dew of each drip past my hands. I did not know, what I was wearing nor where I was, till I felt a hand wiping a tear from my cheeks. I stopped crying, my eyes shifted to his twinkling eyes.

It was Paul's. He was smiling like a child, while continuosly wiping off the tears that fell down on my cheeks. Somehow, the heavy feeling got light, and I was surprised to myself that I smiled upon seeing his face.

That's where I woke up, very sweaty, and breathless.

And that split second, I received a text message. My instincts instantly told me that it was him. My heartbeats were too fast to even react so I immediately put on my earphones and listened to some songs I got in my phone before replying.

Hey. Beanie Girl. You awake?

I saw his message. Still calming myself.

“Sino pong nasa gate?” napaurong ako ng bahagya ng may marinig mula sa screen na may speakers, at  may nakita ako roon na matanda na nakapang-security guard. Nakatitig iyon sa akin, at alam kong kita ang buong mukha ko sa screen niya.

“Exellor Oneiro po.”

“Ha?” tanong muli nung matandang guard at nagawa pang magkamot ng ulo dahil sa weird kong pangalan.

I guess my name's that rare for him to understand.

“Sino pong tao, Fred?” rinig ko na boses mula sa guard bago pa man muli akong magsalita. Napatingin ang guard sa kanan niya at napa-kunot ng noo.

“Babae, kaklase mo yata. Excellent Oneiza ata.”

*facepalms*