Deadly case

"Lestrade what do you need?" asked John as he opened the door.

"I would like to talk to Sherlock and Ashley."

"You do realize that it is the Eve of their wedding day?"

"Yes I'm aware." he said as he nodded. I looked at Sherlock rested his head onto my lap. I played with his hair as he was thinking. "Sherlock hear me out I have a good murder for you."

"What's so different about this one?"

"You like the puzzling serial killers." He sat up and looked at Lestrade.

"Show me the case." Lestrade handed him the paper folder and Sherlock looked through it. I looked over his shoulder.

"What's interesting is those aren't human markings, those are an animal's claws very sharp. The organs are missing and the blood is drained out as well. What's even weirder are the human footprints leaving the bodies."

"But why does it involve all of us?"

"Your names appeared in blood on the wall next to the bodies. Who ever wants you guys is very dangerous."

"Okay why is the location interesting Ash?" I looked and saw that it was the old abandoned church. I looked up at Lestrade.

"Yeah and nobody has been that building since Marie Legate died there on her wedding day." I nodded and looked at the bodies. I shivered and Sherlock looked at me.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." he nodded and stroked my thigh. Lestrade smiled at us.

"Will you take the case." I looked at Sherlock and he looked at me with his big brown eyes.

"Sherlock tomorrow is our wedding day who knows how long this will take?"

"I promise we can work on it today then tomorrow we will be married." I nodded and he kissed my head. We looked up at Lestrade. "We'll help." he nodded and left the flat. Sherlock got up and hurried to the bedroom. I sat up and pulled on my tennis shoes. I grabbed my coat and Mary and John were ready to go. Sherlock came out and put on his coat. He smiled and took my hand. We walked downstairs to the curb. Sherlock looked around and smiled down at me. I smiled up at him and he led the way down the street. 12 streets later we were looking up at the tall abandoned church. Everyone had left the area leaving their flats to falling apart. I looked around and shivered again. Sherlock looked down at me. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." he nodded and grabbed a flashlight. He took my hand and we walked up to the stairs. I looked around and saw that there were claw marks and blood in the cement. I gripped Sherlock's hand tighter as we walked in through the open doorway. I gagged against the stench. It smelled like rotting corpses and blood. Sherlock shook off my hand and started to walk around the room. I grabbed my flashlight and pointed it around the room. I heard dripping and I pointed my flashlight at a puddle of blood dripping. I followed the drips and up to a corpse. It's face was completely ripped apart the skull broken open. I looked down the body and the organs were completely gone. I gasped and dropped my flashlight. Sherlock turned and looked at me. He walked over to me and looked up at the body. I put my face into his chest.

"Ash you can leave if you're not up to it." I shook my head and looked up at him.

"Sherlock this is not normal. I mean everything is just gone." he nodded and wrapped his arms around me.

"Mary do you want to take Ashley outside for a bit." Mary nodded and walked over to me. She picked up my flashlight and handed it to me. We started to walk to the front doors. The door slammed shut in our face and I looked around. Suddenly voodoo dolls started to move around the room. They walked slowly in glitchy movements toward us. We ran back to the boys and they wrapped their arms around us. Sherlock looked around and we heard scarp claws scraping against the floor. I looked and saw a lion/human looking creature walk into the room. I watched it's scorpion like tail as it swished back and forth as it stood on a mountain of human skulls.