A Dying Game

It's been 2 months since we lost the baby and Ash hasn't left the flat during that time. I watched her as she was laying on the couch looking up at the ceiling. I leaned against the wall and she blinked back tears holding her stomach. I turned back toward the kitchen table and picked up my phone. I texted Mary to come over here to get a look at Ashley. I breathed through my nose and put my phone back down. I walked into the living room and looked at her. "Ashley can you take a bath today you are starting to smell." She looked up at me and shook her head.

"It doesn't matter now that the baby is gone." I sat down on the coffee table and looked at her.

"Ash we will have kids." she sat up and looked at me with daggers in her eyes.

"When it took us 3 years to have that baby is it going to be another 3?" She stood up and stormed into the bedroom. She slammed the door closed and I heard her start to sob. Mary walked in and she looked at me. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Thank you so much. You are saving me."

"What's that smell?"

"That would be Ash, she hasn't bathed since we lost the baby." Mary nodded and headed toward the bedroom. She opened the door and closed it. I collapsed into my chair and covered my face. A moment later I saw Ashley walk into the bathroom with Mary. I heard the shower get turned on and Mary went back into the bedroom to get clothes. She disappeared behind the bathroom door again and I curled up onto my chair.

Half and Hour later Ash came out of the bathroom in a t-shirt and sweats. Mary had braided back Ashley's hair and Ashley walked back into the living room. She put on her shoes and grabbed her coat. Mary smiled at me and left the flat with Ashley. I smiled and started to texted Lestrade.

"Ashley left the flat, be there soon." I stood up and walked out of my flat. I started to walk toward the station when a man stopped in front of me looking at me. "Can you move out of the way? I need to pass you." I tried walking around him and he followed me.

"Sorry Sherlock you are coming with me."

"No I'm not." he shook his head and I felt a pinch in my shoulder. I pulled back and touched my arm. He smiled at me as I fell to the ground. He pulled me into a dark car as I lost consciousness.

I woke up later in a room. I groaned and touched my head. I sat up and looked around the room. "Hello Sherlock Holmes." a robot started to talk to me. I stood up and leaned against the wall.

"Where am I?"

"Ha Ha Sherlock you are so funny." I looked around confused. "Do you not recognize your mind palace?"

"My mind palace doesn't have a robot in it."

"Of course it does this is your voice." I threw open the door and stepped into a hallway.

"What am I doing here?"

"You are in your mind ready to solve another murder case."

"Okay Mind, Mind me asking what murder case is this?"

"Yours."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I walked down the hallway. The robot laughed and I continued to walk.

"You are being poisoned slowly not enough to kill us yet, but enough to do some damage."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Oh you don't remember? Here let me help you." Suddenly I was in another room and saw a clip of me texting Lestrade to start the simulation as I walked outside. I sat the man standing in front of me that shot me with the needle. I stepped away horrified.