Patience - 4

Annabelle's POV

Annabelle's POV

Two days have passed and I didn't see the prince. I wonder where he goes at night when he isn't here. He taught me how to turn on the TV at least, before he dissapeared, so I've been watching old cartoons. I mean like really old cartoons, Disney ones in fact. The supernatural didn't really keep up with all of the cartoons as much as the humans did, as most supernatural children mature much faster than humans did, and don't enjoy them. I actually enjoy watching these Disney cartoons though. The humans, I've been told were uninspired, but I can't help not believing that when watching all of these stories. My favourite so far is Bambi.

Other than that, I've managed to have a bath, and although most of the time I'm really bored, at least I'm getting fed well. The food I am brought is simple but it is rich in flavour. Some of the best food I've ever had.

The third morning something changed. I woke up to the sound of screaming.

"What do you mean you healed her? Son! You were not getting my point! You need to set an example!! You are the prince and you are not supposed to feel bad for them!"

"She belongs to me I can do whatever the fuck I want with her! Now leave me the fuck alone!" I heard Jace scream from down the hallway. I do have advanced hearing, but they must be shouting pretty loud for me to be able to hear them. I heard Jace storming this way. I really wish my arm wasn't broken so I could change into a mouse or something and hide somewhere where he wouldn't be able to find me. Or get to me, if he did find me. I don't know how my bones will handle it if I shift right now though.

He opens then slams the door. God that thing must be made out of steel, I can't believe he hasn't broken it yet, and I have only been here for less than a week.

Prince Jace is fuming. I can almost see the steam rising off of him. He turns and sees me staring at him. "Get up, now."

I quickly obey and jump off the bed, making my head spin. I hold in the sudden urge to faint and look at him in the eye expectantly. I know he feels bad about hurting me, so I am sure he won't do it again unless I disobey him. He walks into the closet and I stay where I am, uncertain if he wants me to follow. He walks out 10 seconds later holding some clothes. 

"Change."  

I take the clothing nervously and hold them with my good hand. I look at him wearily.

"You don't have to change out here Annabelle, go into the bathroom." I nod, thankful, and run into the bathroom.  I shut the door carefully, and place my clothing on a counter. I strip off my white dress and in an instant it vanishes, I don't know why, but it has always done that. Though like I said before, it will appear again as soon as I shift. I wonder if all shifters have an outfit that shows up when they shift from animal to human? Have I mentioned I've never seen another shifter shift before?

I grab the matching underwear and bra sitting on the counter. They are both black, which contrasts against my pale skin making me look even more white. The bra fits perfectly. I have average boob size I guess, C32,  but my breasts look bigger on me because I am so small. The maid told me the other day I have malnutrition, whatever that means.