We Don't Know - 6.1

Annabelle's POV

I slowly crept out from under the bed and strutted towards Jace, but kept my head down, still in fear of getting swatted at. As soon as I was in grabbing distance, he swiftly grasped my torso and carefully placed me on top of his bed.

Startled I backed up towards the headboard until I felt the cold wood against my furry backside. Even though it left me a little more trapped, the cold surface calmed me and I was able to slow my heart rate to a slower beat. I didn't want the vampire prince going all blood crazy on me now did I?

Jace hopped up onto the bed and leaned his back against the headboard, resting his legs out peacefully in front of him. He then proceeded to grab the TV remote  put it on some channel that probably wouldn't interest me, I think it was the news.

"Come here Kitten, you don't have to be afraid, I promised I wouldn't hurt you didn't I?" Said Jace softly.

But I was afraid, I don't think I'll ever stop being afraid, there is so much to fear. Despite what had happened a few nights ago, I was still afraid. That night I just needed comfort, and I was willing to get it anywhere. But none the less I slowly patted my way over towards where Jace was. He grabbed me once again and placed me in his lap. This made me very uncomfortable, and I stood there awkwardly, not sure what to do.

I began to feel a pleasant stroking down my back. He was petting me! Even though it was demeaning, it really did feel nice. Content, I slowly curled up on his lap, yet still aware of the... 'parts' I should avoid accidently laying on.

Jace turns up the volume on the news. I haven't watched it in so long. My father used to watch it all the time before the war, before things got bad.

I remember curling up with him on his chair, before my little sister Rebekah had been born, and pretended to pay attention to the news, so I could be just like daddy. But really I just wanted to be held, like any other little girl. I wish he could hold me like that again.

Turning my attention back to the TV, I hear something that makes my little body tremble, with fear, but also with hope.

"Fights have broken out in the west side of the country, it seems that a new resistance has been found and they have been getting stronger. Right now we are looking at ways to keep them under control, but the werewolves and shifters are multiplying. This could lead to drastic members. As of now, anyone involved will be shot on sight. All unattended werewolves or shifters will be shot on sight."

I gasp, what if I accidentally get left somewhere by Jace and I can't hide, will I be shot on sight? This leaves all thoughts of escape that I ever might have had impossible. Unfortunately I seem to be safer in here then out there, at least until whatever this resistance is gets stronger! I start to panic, what if Jace kills me! I don't want to die!

"Whoa there Kitten, it's okay, I won't let them shoot you."

I let out a sad meow, even Jace's reassuring strokes aren't comforting anymore, I am starting to feel like I am being suffocated.

"Annabelle it's okay, calm down."

But I don't calm down I just start to shake more, my tiny body convulsing into what would seem like a cats freak attack.

"Shift, that's an order Annabelle ." Says Jace firmly.

Afraid of what he might do if I don't shift, I shift right there on his lap into myself, my  small frame shaking still, yet my white dress still perfectly cascading down my slim body. I feel strong arms go around me. "Hey Anna, it'll be okay, look at me." I stare into Jace's piercing blues eyes. They are steady but worried. "I promise I won't let them hurt you, and I won't hurt you anymore. I made a mistake before, well a few, but I will do my best not to let my anger get the better of me. As long as you keep behaving, no harm will come to you and I will keep you safe, do you understand."

I nod quickly, "But what about them, the resistance? What if I am mistaken for one of them?" I ask Jace softly.

"They won't, you're royal property remember? No one will touch you." He says trying to be reassuring, but it only reassures me of one thing. All I am is property.

But then why is he treating me so well, comforting me and holding me so gently? This quizzical thought stays with me all afternoon as we lay in bed and watched movies, because he never seemed to let me go, always holding me in some way. Than, same at night, as I fell asleep wrapped in his arms.

One other thought stuck with me though. True to his word, he never did lay a harmful hand on me all day.

---------

EDITED

What do ya think? ;)

Vote

Comment

Share

-----

K<3