Safe With You - 18.1

Annabelle's POV

We were gathered in the lounge. The fire was turned on and everyone was in various states of dress. Some were mourning the events of yesterday. Some were sitting close to their loved ones if they had any with them and if they didn't they were leaning up against new-found friends. We all had something in common now, more so than ever. We weren't safe. We were each others' safety.

We had to trust each other.

Jace stood and we all turned to face him. "I am sorry for calling this meeting so abruptly but we need to plan now. This is not something we can put off."

A woman I didn't know the name of cleared her throat to speak, Jace gave her the room to.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are Elizabeth and Franklin?"

I looked around the room, I had not realized Franklin had gone with Elizabeth. I couldn't imagine it was safe for him outside these walls.

I guess it was not safe for any of us outside these walls anymore.

"They have gone to find..." Jace glanced at me briefly. "Answers... but they will be back tomorrow."

He paused.

"What we need to do now is assign roles for the original plan. Annabelle and I will be broadcasting together. We will be letting everyone know there is strong opposition to the rules in place now and that we hope more will stand with us. We hope that this broadcast will reach enough people it cannot be hidden."

There was a series of nods.

"We will have some people stay here. Elizabeth had told me that she will be bringing in hackers to combat the security systems inside the station. We will need a few Witchs to help with the hacking, mostly to block anti-hacking from the other side."

The two parents of the boy Sammy volunteered for that position. I felt better knowing they would be out of direct harm. Sammy had already gone through too much. He was resting at the moment. I would be sure to visit him later.

Jace continued.

"Flynn will be going, with Rose, to start the initial break-in to the station. We need a series of 6 groups to head in after them."

After a few minutes of arguing we managed to make 6 groups. Making sure that each group had either a Vampire, Dark Angel or Witch to lead, as a Werewolf or Shifter would not be ideal. Humans are not seen out on the streets so they were not going to be used for the takeover.

"After the initial takedown, we will move in with a bigger team. Stanley will stay with Annabelle and me, and Rose will give him the go-ahead for us to move in. From there, we will have to move quickly. We have no estimate of when the station will be shut down, so as fast as possible is ideal."

We discussed logistics, some I didn't understand. I did understand my role. I was to ask... beg... for those who are willing to join the opposition, to stand with us. I was to stand united with Jace and show that the future king of the Vampires was ready to make a change. I was a pawn in a game I barely understand but I was willing to do whatever I could to free others. So Shifters and Werewolves could be free. So Humans could live in peace.

After a quick lunch with Rose, I found Jace in Elizabeth's office, sorting through the plan again. Memorizing the papers and maps that Franklin had left him. Flynn was doing the same in the office down the hall.

Jace gave me a sad smile when he saw me walk into the room. I returned with one of my own and sat down on the chair across from Jace. I pulled my legs up to my chest, letting the chair spin side to side.